·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the 2018 Trax
I can't adjust the time / date.
I go to settings, time / date
and I can't choose the time / date
only item in there I can choose is the 24 hr format.
I don't have on star.

Thank You in advance for the help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I do not know if it is happening thru onstar (I do not have onstar but it is still factory installed and GM does access it when they want to) or my phone, but my Trax is always able to show the correct time and date without me doing anything. I have never yet driven out of my time zone to see if it would change itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this thread and had the same issue in my 2019, but low and behold no updates or answers for years! So if you also found this thread google searching after daylight savings time, allow me to update how I got it to work:

Turn the vehicle completely off, so that the radio is completely off. Then, I turned on the console but not the vehicle by pressing the middle power button. From there, it made the auto time set option available where it had been missing before. Turned that off and was able to set time manually!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found this thread and had the same issue in my 2019, but low and behold no updates or answers for years! So if you also found this thread google searching after daylight savings time, allow me to update how I got it to work:

Turn the vehicle completely off, so that the radio is completely off. Then, I turned on the console but not the vehicle by pressing the middle power button. From there, it made the auto time set option available where it had been missing before. Turned that off and was able to set time manually!
Tried this without success. The auto set enable/disable still does not appear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried this without success. The auto set enable/disable still does not appear.
Took mine to the dealer, who was able to fix it. He also have me a copy of some documentation from Chevy in case it happens again.
The document explains the sequence that leads to the problem, at least in my particular case, and others like it.
  • At some point in the car's history it was activated for OnStar
  • While activated the clock was set to auto set
  • Sometime later while still set to auto set OnStar expired or the terms and conditions were declined
  • Result: the option to disable auto set disappears from the interface.
What fixed it...
  • The dealer temporarily removed a fuse to force the system to fully reset
  • I think the fuse was f-32
  • I'm a bit unclear on the sequence of events after that, but eventually he was able to restore the auto set option and turn it off then update the time.
All good now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What fixed it...
  • The dealer temporarily removed a fuse to force the system to fully reset
  • I think the fuse was f-32
  • I'm a bit unclear on the sequence of events after that, but eventually he was able to restore the auto set option and turn it off then update the time.
All good now.
This fixed it for me. Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts