Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In just a little over a year and a little over 10k kms, my Trax's stock AC delco battery suddenly died. As in click-click-click when starting. Too bad the warranty on the battery only covers 1 year or 10k kms :( So yeah, no choice but to buy a new one.
Guess my question now is: Does heat really kill your car battery?

I know I didn't leave any lights open but one possibility I am thinking that could've caused it is at times I left my car parked under the sun.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
Or your battery just died, it happens. Some will last 10 years and some 10 minutes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In just a little over a year and a little over 10k kms, my Trax's stock AC delco battery suddenly died. As in click-click-click when starting. Too bad the warranty on the battery only covers 1 year or 10k kms :( So yeah, no choice but to buy a new one.
Guess my question now is: Does heat really kill your car battery?

I know I didn't leave any lights open but one possibility I am thinking that could've caused it is at times I left my car parked under the sun.
yepp.. mine too, almost 2 years and die.. then replace it with bigger amps battery

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Died forever or needs charging?
AC Delco batteries are known issue on Trax. Very unreliable.
2-3 years and they say "Bye-bye...

Died forever :( I'm kinda surprised it only lasted a year and it didn't give any hints its about to kick the bucket. Maybe it really just died as Traxy mentioned. I browsed several forums and read both good and bad experiences regarding AC Delco. For now though, I switched to another brand.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Our 2015 Trax has never seen the inside of a garage. The battery was treated just about as badly as possible. So it was always parked out in the sun year round, in the summer the temps can hit 110°F and winters the temps can get down to -30°F, the car is only driven once every other week 2 miles to the grocery store. and in the winter it is not uncommon for it to sit out in the cold for a full month at a time without being touched. I doubt if the battery ever gets a chance to get fully charged. That stock battery was still starting the car just fine when we traded it in at the end of the 39 month lease. As mentioned earlier every battery has a random die date built in, it could be anywhere from ten years or ten days.

I think that this little engine turns over so easy that you will not notice any battery issue until it is dead. There will not be the slow cranking like I get on my truck to tell me it is getting to be battery time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts