Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I started my trax and started driving I notices a car and lock symbol on my dashboard, any ideas what that could be and how to remedy it? It is not blinking its solid

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
Did you try your other key?

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
I wouldn't think so, the transponder doesn't need power it is self powered when it gets close to the theft deterrent module.

Maybe you locked your Trax with the FOB and opened it with the key or your flip key wasn't fully opened when you inserted the key.

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
Please do not insert commercials in your post. I have to delete spam. You have been warned

·
Registered
83 Posts
Trax Dashboard.png Immobilizer Light.png

This is from the owners manual for my '15. What you described seems to look like what is above the speedometer. This has shown up on mine twice, and is a yellow light. When this happened to me, it stayed on while I drove, then did not come back on the next time I started the engine. Outside temperature was below zero both times. Both occurrences were during this winter (and just above 60,000 miles). This did not happen to me last winter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
On my 15 I had that light coming on intermtently, the dealer was able to see some code that my reader did not and they found a service bulitin on it. They would not share any other info on what it was or what the fix was (I did ask). But it never did come back on again so they did something. For all I know they took out the bulb. I no longer have that car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts