Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into Ceramic Coatings for my 2019 Trax I just purchased used. It is going to be the daily driver along with sitting outside all the time. I want to keep this car looking good and the best I can and since it is will be outside at all times I thought it would be beneficial to look into Ceramic Coatings. I have see they range from $399 - $2000 USD and I am just curious what others think. Has anyone got it done? What do you do for your Trax's that sit outside? I know washing it is a big deal, but I do not always have time to wash it. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just use regular wax for my trax.
Well I like wax as well, but if the car sits outside then you are more prone to UV damage along with rain spots. So I was told that the ceramic coding can help me another layer of sure protection as wax is good for so long.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Maybe you should go all the way and get it 3M wrapped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking into Ceramic Coatings for my 2019 Trax I just purchased used. It is going to be the daily driver along with sitting outside all the time. I want to keep this car looking good and the best I can and since it is will be outside at all times I thought it would be beneficial to look into Ceramic Coatings. I have see they range from $399 - $2000 USD and I am just curious what others think. Has anyone got it done? What do you do for your Trax's that sit outside? I know washing it is a big deal, but I do not always have time to wash it. Thank you in advance.
I switched to ceramic this year when the Turtle Wax ceramic coatings came out. These do a great job, lasting shine, depth, UV protection. They are great and the cleaner/detailing formula keeps the color rich and deepens the gloss. My 2019 Trax sits outside as well and its very well protected by the Turtle Wax ceramic products.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. My advice - don't hesitate to have it done professionally. I had the Ziebart Z-Gloss applied to my Trax and consider every penny well spent. We have high UV and salty air here in Bermuda and I care a lot about my Trax too. Since the application the vehicle is rarely dirty, not much sticks to it, and even a heavy rain cleans the car! Washing the car is a breeze - a non-detergent car wash, a quick hose, a chamois and its done. Perfect shine.
The Z-Gloss is a 3-step process and protects from water spots, bird droppings, oxidization, UV damage and the list goes on. Mine came with a 3 year warranty but I'm sure you would get longer in the US.
My only complaint, as you can see from the photo, is that the finish has a cloudy appearance. LOL.
Hope this helps.

Cloudy 2.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I switched to ceramic this year when the Turtle Wax ceramic coatings came out. These do a great job, lasting shine, depth, UV protection. They are great and the cleaner/detailing formula keeps the color rich and deepens the gloss. My 2019 Trax sits outside as well and its very well protected by the Turtle Wax ceramic products.
I was told by a professional body guy to not do it yourself as if you are not detailed enough you will mess up the paint as you need to prepare it real good and make sure you do a good prep job. How hard is it to apply the stuff? Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi. My advice - don't hesitate to have it done professionally. I had the Ziebart Z-Gloss applied to my Trax and consider every penny well spent. We have high UV and salty air here in Bermuda and I care a lot about my Trax too. Since the application the vehicle is rarely dirty, not much sticks to it, and even a heavy rain cleans the car! Washing the car is a breeze - a non-detergent car wash, a quick hose, a chamois and its done. Perfect shine.
The Z-Gloss is a 3-step process and protects from water spots, bird droppings, oxidization, UV damage and the list goes on. Mine came with a 3 year warranty but I'm sure you would get longer in the US.
My only complaint, as you can see from the photo, is that the finish has a cloudy appearance. LOL.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 3549
I heard Ziebart was really good, but it is pricey. I am not shy about doing it myself, but I want to make sure I get my money's worth. They offer a lifetime warranty here where I live, but I do not know how good it is. I was told you get what you pay for with this stuff and the more expensive it is the better quality you get. Thank you for information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I heard Ziebart was really good, but it is pricey. I am not shy about doing it myself, but I want to make sure I get my money's worth. They offer a lifetime warranty here where I live, but I do not know how good it is. I was told you get what you pay for with this stuff and the more expensive it is the better quality you get. Thank you for information.
It was $1400 here (Bermuda$ same as US$) and the guys at Ziebart Bermuda did a great job. No regrets. When I questioned the 3 year warranty they said it was a Bermuda issue with Ziebart. The "promise" is out to 7 years and said any "touch ups" good for the next 5 years for free. If it helps... I've seen all their equipment and the process was explained. There is no way to get the same result with a 'buy it at the store' product. If you've been offered "lifetime" get it in writing and go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts