Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pretty impressive. Considering the issues Chevy has had with quality in the news lately, this is a good sign for them. Passing Toyota must feel good. I'm surprised Porsche is number one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd really like to know what the metrics are that go into determining what 'initial quality' is. I'd also like to know where the changeover is between initial quality and overall owner satisfaction. Why can Chev beat Toyota here but not in the long run?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Being a test that comes from J.D. Power, you'll be best to look at what they look for in these initial tests to judge every vehicle.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you would think if they put it together right it has a better chance of staying right...maybe its part of their business model?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd really like to know what the metrics are that go into determining what 'initial quality' is. I'd also like to know where the changeover is between initial quality and overall owner satisfaction. Why can Chev beat Toyota here but not in the long run?
I know that initial quality is measured for the first 90 days of ownership. SO its basically the chance that your car will have a problem in the first three months you have it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Anyone willing to wait it out might have better chances, waiting up to 6 months might help to give a good time frame to judge what it will really be like

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think that problems in the first three months are the manufacturer's fault, while after 6 months it is slightly more likely that it might be more about the way that the driver treats and handles their vehicle.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think that problems in the first three months are the manufacturer's fault, while after 6 months it is slightly more likely that it might be more about the way that the driver treats and handles their vehicle.
Why do you say that?

Manufacturing issues can still show up 6 months down the road.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I understand that, but there is just more of a chance after that time period that it may have been something to do with the driver. not necessarily though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I understand that, but there is just more of a chance after that time period that it may have been something to do with the driver. not necessarily though.
Exactly, 6 months is a long time, that's a lot of miles and use someone could put a vehicle through.

But there are things that aren't directly caused by how someone drives

·
Registered
556 Posts
Exactly, 6 months is a long time, that's a lot of miles and use someone could put a vehicle through.

But there are things that aren't directly caused by how someone drives
True. Sometimes it takes a while for original problems to present themselves. I think that many problems or performance issues are just because people don't drive their cars very nicely. Lead feet and other similar things can do some nasty things to your car.

There is something to be said for cars that are able to withstand such heavy driving though. That's a ranking I'd like to see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Why are you so surprised? I thought their vehicles are generally pretty reliable. I'm not really surprised with the rest of the close rankings including the small gap between chevy and toyota.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, not by much but yes, they are still ahead. Perhaps in the near future, things might just change drastically looking at the fluctuating automobile industry which is highly unpredictable and how close the competition is within this market. I think it must have beaten Toyota because of its more superior physical outlook.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think the brands closer to each other will probably stay in that section of the chart but change places here and there with other brands in that same section. Doubt we'll see a brand from the bottom of the chart jump all the way up even with the fast paced model development we've been seeing from every manufacturer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts