Chevy Trax Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
By waiting 2 weeks the codes may have cleared themselves. Some code will self clear after the issue does not recur for a set amount of time. So it is possible that the dealer found nothing. It is hard to even try to fix a problem that is not there. For a 2016 unless you drive a LOT it should have still been under warranty, I would call GM customer service and see if they can get the dealer to refund your $95, and then find a different dealer.

Did you get what the codes were that your mechanic found?

I’m having the same problems now it stalled out at 48xxx miles took it in they billed me for a MAF sensor and install then for a O2 sensor and install the
By waiting 2 weeks the codes may have cleared themselves. Some code will self clear after the issue does not recur for a set amount of time. So it is possible that the dealer found nothing. It is hard to even try to fix a problem that is not there. For a 2016 unless you drive a LOT it should have still been under warranty, I would call GM customer service and see if they can get the dealer to refund your $95, and then find a different dealer.

Did you get what the codes were that your mechanic found?

I have the same issue the 16 trax stalled at 48xxx miles and now they have replaced the MAF the O2 sensor and did a type of deep cleaning in the engine block after all of this and around $1500 they finally decide that it’s the pistons that are cracked and that they are covered under warranty. What do I need to do about all of the other in needed charges and repairs done.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Put in a claim.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts