Chevy Trax Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
By waiting 2 weeks the codes may have cleared themselves. Some code will self clear after the issue does not recur for a set amount of time. So it is possible that the dealer found nothing. It is hard to even try to fix a problem that is not there. For a 2016 unless you drive a LOT it should have still been under warranty, I would call GM customer service and see if they can get the dealer to refund your $95, and then find a different dealer.

Did you get what the codes were that your mechanic found?

I’m having the same problems now it stalled out at 48xxx miles took it in they billed me for a MAF sensor and install then for a O2 sensor and install the
By waiting 2 weeks the codes may have cleared themselves. Some code will self clear after the issue does not recur for a set amount of time. So it is possible that the dealer found nothing. It is hard to even try to fix a problem that is not there. For a 2016 unless you drive a LOT it should have still been under warranty, I would call GM customer service and see if they can get the dealer to refund your $95, and then find a different dealer.

I have the same issue the 16 trax stalled at 48xxx miles and now they have replaced the MAF the O2 sensor and did a type of deep cleaning in the engine block after all of this and around $1500 they finally decide that it’s the pistons that are cracked and that they are covered under warranty. What do I need to do about all of the other in needed charges and repairs done.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Put in a claim.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a cracked piston. I should get my car back tomorrow.
Fast forward to the year 2020......the Trax has about 75k miles on it and it’s been one thing after another after the piston replacement. More service stabilitrack nonsense. They replaced the throttle body, the battery, On Star said it had emission control, anti lock brake, and transmission issues & then the dealer said it was the valve cover so I quit. I traded it in on a Jeep Renegade.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Good luck there. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I figured it was time for me to create an account on here and stop lurking since I might have one of the higher mileage vehicles on here.

I bought a 2015 Chevy Trax LS AWD in May of 2015.

A little after 60,000 miles in September of 2018 (just after the warranty ended of course), the ignition coil went. I replaced that and the spark plugs. When I took the ignition coil off, one of the boots broke. So it's a good thing I was replacing it all anyway.

A few months later in February of 2019 (with probably 65k miles on the clock), the valve cover went and was throwing a P0171. I ended up just replacing the valve cover, not the intake manifold. I didn't know better at the time and there wasn't much information out there.

In December of 2019, I ended up having to replace the Emission Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid Valve. I forget what codes it was throwing for that and it was probably around 78,000 miles.

I did a drain and fill on the transmission fluid at 80,000 miles in January of 2020.

In October of 2020, I got a P0420 at around 93,000 miles. Long story short, I thought it was the Catalytic Converter. I crawled under the vehicle and the flex pipe was completely rusted away from the rear exhaust. I went to the local muffler shop and they put an aftermarket flex pipe in for about $125 out the door.

Now, I'm at 96,000 miles and the valve cover diaphragm is bad again. It was throwing a P1101 and it was throwing a P0171. Now it is just throwing the P0171 after a few days. I know this time I need to replace the intake manifold too. I ordered the Dorman replacements which are supposedly an improved design and I am going to try those.

I also have something squeaking coming from the fan belt area. I don't know if the belt is going or if it is a bearing yet. It only starts squeaking once the engine warms up.

As far as maintenance goes, I do the oil changes when I am supposed to (typically 5k to 7k miles). The one fun issue I had was I used to have a problem where the heater wouldn't produce heat and I didn't know why. It took me awhile to figure it out and it was because there was air building up in the heater core. I have to refill my radiator every few months to make sure there is enough fluid in there. I don't know if that is normal or if there is a leak somewhere. There was still fluid in the plastic expansion resevoir, but it wants to be filled up close to the top all the time. I do a lot of highway driving and I'm still on the original brake pads I replaced the tires at some point I think around 50 or 60k miles and went with the Bridgestone ones from FireStone.

I think that is everything, but if I remember anything else I'll post it. It is my intention to try to drive this thing into the ground if I can. It is my daily driver though, so if the engine or transmission goes that is the end of the road. I'm going to wait until around Christmas when I don't have to go anywhere and have an extra day to change the intake manifold out.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I had the sat issue with my 2015. I also had what I thought was a belt squeak but it turned out to be the valve cover gasket and the diaphragm under the valve cover. It is covered by warranty. Problem fixed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So I had my first trip to the dealer over Thanksgiving and I am having issues with my headliner. I do have a sunroof and you can see the headliner on the passenger side where it meets the sunroof cover that there is a gap and it is hanging down and very lose. The drivers side is tight and there is no gap between the headliner of the sunroof cover. I took it to the dealer in my area and they said it is normal and they said it was fine so I made another trip to my dealer and showed them and they kept it until Monday of the next week as I dropped it off on Friday the week before. So they looked at it again and said they tried to tighten it down some and well we have been driving it and it still seems to be hanging and loose. The drivers side front is tight to the roof. The passenger side is way too lose. Can GM help me out? I am thinking of taking it to another dealer, but want feedback from others on the forum. I like the dealer I took it too, but I am not happy with the service this time with them on my Trax, but I take all my other GM vehicles into them. What do you guys think? I have included pictures as a reference. The passenger side it the concern. This is all covered under warranty. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

61 - 68 of 68 Posts