Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought this one (link) and installed it, very easy to install.
still didn't connect the OEM camera...
and don't find use for this connector:

other then that everything works fine....

I will let you know my full opinion when I finish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@mmm282
Which model did you purchase, maybe the E option? (Android 9.0 Ram 4G Rom 64G PX6 Cortex A72)
How was the install process, just remove the head unit and used the plugs to connect? no soldering or other adjustment needed?
What is the process to remove the head unit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
@mmm282
Which model did you purchase, maybe the E option? (Android 9.0 Ram 4G Rom 64G PX6 Cortex A72)
How was the install process, just remove the head unit and used the plugs to connect? no soldering or other adjustment needed?
What is the process to remove the head unit?

Thanks!
hey @ApingEPR ,
i bought the A but if you want to buy the E it doesn't effect the installation process...
the installition is very simple remove an then plug and play. But if you want to keep the OEM camera you will need to do as @Traxy did in this post (chek the first and 25 mesages).
here is a link for removall process video (i had MyLink system in mine but same process).
the system came with canbus Raise gm-rz-09 which i install (very easy) but on the system config i didn't find the trax module (doesn't effect much just when i turn AC on it will display on screen).
all steering wheel buttons work great after i did this: go into the factory setting (password 8888 or 6888) and choose the correct car model.
enjoy...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the detailed answer.
Having a unit with only 1GB RAM isn't very frustrating regarding the slow response time? would you choose different today?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the detailed answer.
Having a unit with only 1GB RAM isn't very frustrating regarding the slow response time? would you choose different today?
no, it works perfect... i don't do much with it (youtube, waze, mirrorig)
if you are need a strong head unit, buy another one (not the 1GB RAM)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
@mmm282
Did you keep the chimes with your set-up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts