Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the Canadian spec TRAX we can get an idea of what wheels and tires the American TRAX will wear.

Wheels:

16 x 6.5 in. steel (LS)
16 x 6.5 in. aluminum (LT)
18 x 6.5 in. silver painted aluminum (LTZ)

Tires:
P205/70R16 all season blackwall (LS, LT)
P215/55R18 all season blackwall (LTZ)

I'm sure like most Chevrolets the brand will vary...

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't think it will be any different, usually canadian and america tire sizes for the same car are the same

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yup, usually thats what it always is. I heard somewhere that even dealers have some influence on the tires that go onto the models they receive, do you know how true this is?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure to be competely honest. I know there are sometimes regional differences. Most of the press photos I've seen of the TRAX are wearing Contis. Although that might just be a Canadian thing...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cruze Wheels

I bought a set of 16" Cruze take offs. Side by side they appear identical. I'm running them now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes those are the ones. They are the same wheels that came OE on my Trax.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The Trax isn't really the kind of car that I see people investing tons of money into to make it look cool. By that I mean I am not going to invest a lot of money into it, but I am interested to see what other people do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know about you. But the first thing I'm going to be doing is spinners on the tires. Oh yea. Imagine me driving down the road, spinners on my trax. Cap all sideways and everything. Grooving my head to the tune of Phil Collins.

So Gangsta.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You can use Cruze or Sonic wheels, I bought a set of double spoke Sonic wheels for my winter tires because I always run 4 snow tires in winter.

The lug pattern is 5 on 105, I did see some nice looking 18" Cruze wheels that with the right tires would look great on a Trax

·
Registered
7 Posts

20 inches

Specs are 20x8.5 +40mm offset. Fits perfect.

Its hard as **** to find aftermarket wheels for 5x105pattern in 20 inch. I bought blanks and had a machine shop drill them to 5x105.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I will run sonic split spoke wheels for my winter tires I have yet to find a set of snows with enough bite for my country driving.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts