Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2014 Trax 1.4T, has an issue with the turbo... pending fault code is "turbo under-boost"... i noticed i had no passing power the other day on the highway, so it's going in for that... i also peeked around the engine bay and smelled some burning oil, checked the oil, the dipstick was dry... so i ended up adding just over 1 litre, maybe 1.25 litres tops, to bring the dipstick back up to the full mark... it's a 4.0 litre capacity engine. i get under the vehicle to take a look, and i can see there is definitely an oil leak near and around the turbo, but can't tell exactly where... it's a big mess, likely from my recent ride down the highway when i noticed the lack of passing power problem... i haven't seen any oil on the ground under the vehicle. this morning i checked the oil again, it's fine, despite the leak... i drove pretty gingerly this morning and halfway to work, i stopped and checked again, still fine. i'm going to go check again right way... So there is obviously a problem with the turbo and an oil leak, but what the consensus of being just over a litre down on oil, for who knows how long, due to the leak? i had no idiot lights or anything, and myself, i think it's "ok" but wanted to see what the consensus was from the fine folks here...

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
It may be the return oil feed tube or the oil feed tube. I want to warn you if you never had the original oil feed tube replaced with the revised version and if you didn't go to full synthetic oil you may have cooked your turbo. If you are taking it to the stealer you may get burnt too. Your corner father/son garage is quite capable of doing this work at a much lower cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts