Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Trax LTZ
14 Posts
I just had the same issue with my vehicle a 2018 Trax LT. Did my research on here and went to the local Chevrolet Dealer, bought the new resistor. (No one else had them) I installed it in about 20 minutes with some body contortion and voila! My variable speed fan is working again! Thanks guys for all the help! Shout out to @Traxy for the help! Good solid information. Cost me 31.92 at Chevrolet Parts, plus 6.28 for a 3" ratchet extension. A LOT cheaper than Chevy would have wanted.
I have replaced the resistor twice now. Each one only lasted about a week before burning out again. The last one actually melted into the wiring harness plug on pins 3/4. Now I will have to order a new harness & resistor. My worry is that even replacing both these, it may burn out again.

Any ideas on why they would keep burning out? The blower motor itself runs fine when the resistor works and I have replaced the cabin filter with a new one. What other causes can I look at when I install the next set?

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Even if blower motor seems to be working good it may have shorted winnings and sucking too much current when turning.

Reactions: DJDern

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Be patient when replacing motor. It is a bit sketchy. Just take your time with the blade knife and all will fall into place. If you find yourself frustrated just walk away for 15 minutes. It wasn't really design to be replaced so take your time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts