Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling (2014) Trax cross rails to a 2016 Buick Encore owner but need to confirm if compatible ? The OEM parts numbers are the same except for the last digit, is this perhaps only to distinguish a chevy bowtie emblem part as appose to a Buick 3 shield emblem on the cross rail plastic ends ?

Trax part # 95417407 and Buick part # 95417408

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't see any reason they won't fit because the 2 cars are identical except for the brand name trim.

Sorry I wasn't checking in lately.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
NP thanks, I will pass along to buyer

Update:

Trax cross rails will fit Buick Encore after you remove the two pins on each end. The rails then slide into any position and secure once tightened. Unlike the Trax roof rails that has fixed holes for the cross rail positioning.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last update I promise

probak118 Update: Trax cross rails will fit Buick Encore after you remove end caps and adjust and lengthen of rear cross rail only.[/QUOTE said:
Buyer stopped in, actually the rear cross rail is 1/2" too short as is. So the roof rails on an Encore are not exactly parallel. Had to take apart the plastic end covers then loosen and adjust (extend) the rear cross rail by 1/4" each side. The pins were left as is, did not need to be removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts