Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Those take so little power you can just about tap into any light for your power source, a power wire, then ground it somewhere convenient, your done

·
Registered
745 Posts
Those take so little power you can just about tap into any light for your power source, a power wire, then ground it somewhere convenient, your done
So true.

Has anyone here ripped the Trax apart to find a wire that would be idea to tap into yet? Since there will be some other slight things to consider.. like the closet worthy wire for the purpose.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Each headlight has a main plug just turn on the lights that you want to tap into and probe the wires with a test light.

I can tell you the low beams are the yellow wires, but they do loose power when you switch to hi beams.

I would take the power from something like the parking lights or side markers, depending on how easy they are to access.

You can ground them to anywhere on the body, pick an easy small sized nut or bolt.

Solder your joints otherwise they corrode later on.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Good thing about that area of the vehicle is there's going to be a lot of ground points. can't imagine having to go too far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ought my TRAX with running lights already there

Point is that existing low beam lights can be reprogrammed to glow at 50% as day running lights. It works fine and no need to buy anything. Next is how to enable day running lights at your car. I really don't know since they were there already, but I know that it is just matter of programming internal computer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts