Chevy Trax Forum banner

Chevy Trax Gets Mixed Review from Consumer Reports

15K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Lbj 
#1 ·

Consumer Reports took the time to review the Chevy Trax as it makes its first appearance in the US. The 3 minute video review gives details on what to expect from the Trax, but it also points out plenty of the Trax's short comings.

Consumer Reports starts off by calling the Trax not a CUV, but a nano-SUV. They point out that it is 1" shorter than a VW Beetle and the CRV is a full foot longer. That does make it great for parking in tight spaces though.

The Trax also suffers from poor visibility because of its supporting pillars; however a rear view camera does come standard. Another point of criticism was the poo sound insulation.

On the other hand, Consumer Reports does point out that the Trax's tech offerings make it appealing to youth, but that is where the compliments stop.

CR also comments on the relatively poor fuel economy, and high price of the Trax. A similarly equipped Subaru Forester (which bigger and faster) can be had for just $700 more than the Trax, which would be priced at $28,305 in the form that CR tested it with AWD.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
I don't know. Poor sound insulation and high tech offerings don't really appeal to me. I want something that I can drive in that keeps me safe, and has great support from the auto company that makes it. The poor visibility might be a hindrance, but from what else I've been hearing the Chevy Trax is a pretty safe car despite being as small as it is, and that's been factoring into my purchase of upgrading to one lately. I just feel if I'm going to be going from work, picking up groceries, and other mundane stuff then I'd want something that won't kill me in the end.

#6 ·
Plus 1 on the road noise, and a big plus one on the blind spots. There is definitely a huge blind spot on the passenger side, both the pillars and the headrests of the seats block your view. I noticed also that on our 2013, there were convex mirrors built into the side mirrors, now they are not there anymore.

#9 · (Edited)
I've had a few vehicles. road noise wasn't much of an issue for me, especially in a truck. I wanted a truck, and this is what I could afford. I like my '15. I am at 24.6MPG after 2/3 tank. and I definitely like my insurance premium
I really think that everyone should learn a lot of information about insurance company before sign up any official papers with that company. I like reliable insurance agencies like General, which can not just help with insurance, but also can share great articles like this one ( link: https://www.general.com/blog/what-indemnity-auto-insurance ), where they explain how to react on different situations.

#10 ·

Consumer Reports took the time to review the Chevy Trax as it makes its first appearance in the US. The 3 minute video review gives details on what to expect from the Trax, but it also points out plenty of the Trax's short comings.

Consumer Reports starts off by calling the Trax not a CUV, but a nano-SUV. They point out that it is 1" shorter than a VW Beetle and the CRV is a full foot longer. That does make it great for parking in tight spaces though.

The Trax also suffers from poor visibility because of its supporting pillars; however a rear view camera does come standard. Another point of criticism was the poo sound insulation.

On the other hand, Consumer Reports does point out that the Trax's tech offerings make it appealing to youth, but that is where the compliments stop.

CR also comments on the relatively poor fuel economy, and high price of the Trax. A similarly equipped Subaru Forester (which bigger and faster) can be had for just $700 more than the Trax, which would be priced at $28,305 in the form that CR tested it with AWD.

I just noticed that Car and Driver and US News recently panned the 2021 for harsh ride and low power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.