Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts

Even though the Trax has already been out in Canada, Europe and Asia for sometime now, it is being brought to the American market next year. In preparation for the big US reveal Chevrolet commissioned an ad agency to take photographs of the Trax around the city of Detroit.

Commonwealth/McCann is in charge of the photoshoot, and they have been going around Detroit taking pictures in various locations. This photograph is taken at Michigan Ave in the Corktown district. The Trax will be heading to Belle Isle (the home of the Grand Prix) and Campus Martius (the town center) as well.

The Chevy Trax is a urban CUV that can be compared to the Buick Encore. GM describes it as having "the utility of a station wagon (remember those?) with the maneuverability of the Chevrolet Sonic." Given the success of other vehicles in this segment, I would say that the Trax has the potential to be a really good seller in the States. I think that a big part of its success will depend on marketing though. That means that this ad campaign and photo shoot is actually pretty important. The segment is super competitive at the moment, and something as subjective as advertising can make all the difference.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I will be interested in seeing their marketing, how they plan to target and attract americans, haven't seen anything yet.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Detroit will attract Americans. It will be interesting how they appeal to patriotism though. Lots of car companies do that, and the Trax doesn't seem like the most American vehicle on its face.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Chrysler 200 has a Detroit cityscape in it. I think people are rooting for Detroit. They want it to succeed and rebound. That makes it great to associate with your company and your cars.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Detroit will attract Americans. It will be interesting how they appeal to patriotism though. Lots of car companies do that, and the Trax doesn't seem like the most American vehicle on its face.
It's american enough for what it is, it's a type of vehicle that's new to the american car market.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you think makes a car American other than actually being by an American company? Is it something to do with the actual vehicle or is it more to do with the marketing and advertising around the vehicle?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's to do with the actual vehicle: design, layout, how it speaks to the needs of americans, the list goes on.

I'm not sure how marketing would make it american, why did you throw that in?

·
Registered
745 Posts
What do you think makes a car American other than actually being by an American company? Is it something to do with the actual vehicle or is it more to do with the marketing and advertising around the vehicle?
It needs to have massive cup holders ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts