Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Traxy,
It wouldn't have mattered if I had let it run for several minutes prior to driving. For me the "cloud" forms with in 20 to 30 seconds of starting the engine and proceeds to engulf my car and any near it. I do like your thoughts on the PVC valve, I was worried it was a head gasket or something similar as well. I had brought it in since it's under warranty, but because it was warmed up by the time I got there they couldn't find anything wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Mine hasn't done it again since and it's been just as cold or colder, maybe sucking a little oil through the PCV lubricated what ever was stuck. Mine only smoked for about 20-30 seconds but man I couldn't see anything around the back, just a big blue cloud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 Trax Premier turns the radio on automatically as soon as I start the engine. Is this how it normally works in the Trax? I’ve tried everything before shutting off my engine the night before, only to be blasted out of my skin the next morning anyway.
Shouldn’t there be a setting somewhere to control this? I’m sure it’s a great convenience for those who routinely turn on their radio as soon as they start their cars, but for those who rarely even use their radio, it can be an unwelcomed shock first thing in the morning.
My service dept is useless, as they shrugged this off as trivial. In fact, in light of some of the more major issues that I’m already having with this vehicle, this would be considered a minor quirk...although it IS annoying!
Anyone else have this happening?

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There are settings in my 2016 but not sure you have the same radio. Your sales person should be able to help you with this. It is also in the owners manual.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah I set my 2016 volume to the minimum of 9

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Today I received a notice from GM about a possible corrosion problem in the Rear differential clutch module. This only applies to AWD.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It never did, but it's hard to fit a 4:3 image in a 16:9 screen. I know people have said that It was full screen before a software update and I was one of them until I found old pictures I took of the screen and to my surprise saw the reduced screen with the little camera lens on the bottom left. I would have sworn it was full screen before but it wasn't and I had to admit to myself that it was like that all along. Pictures proved it. Mind can sometimes play tricks on you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Today I received a notice from GM about a possible corrosion problem in the Rear differential clutch module. This only applies to AWD.
Does it say which models and years it applies to?

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
No, just says my VIN is in the list and only concerns AWD. Mine is a 2016.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No, just says my VIN is in the list and only concerns AWD. Mine is a 2016.
I know some Encore owners have complained the AWD has been deactivating in snow. Maybe this is related.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can set the volume setting lower in the settings menu, so when you start up youre car it wont be so loud, from what you were listening to from the night before.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The site you posted doesn't come up for me but I bought one and I just couldn't get it to fit properly in my 2016 so I removed it. It also blocked the use of the parking brake.

Reactions: dman67

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
I found it, thought I had thrown it away. If somebody wants it pay shipping and it's yours. If you're a local I'll put it on Kijiji.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Sold on Kijiji. lol the same day I put it for sale.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts