Chevy Trax Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
On the 2018 Encore I just leased, the fuel fill system is now capless. but there is still a little hook on the inside of the fuel door to hang the cap wire.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Probably take a while for the stock doors to be depleted. Meanwhile just hang your keys. lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
The wife's Encore has the white frost tricoat paint. On the inside of the fuel door the paint is still the standard white!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You mean it hasn't got the second coat? Does it at least have the clear? I should look at my daughter's Encore and see...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Found an other one nice detail about my Trax today. The passenger can exit the vehicle by pulling on the inside door handle twice, this unlocks the door even if you're not in park. Also noticed if you hold the windshield washer less than a second the wipers wipe once if you hold it for more than a second the wipers wipe 3 times. Little stuff that makes me like the engineering work more and more.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Found and other helpful hint. You know when you remove the rear cover and the hatch won't close with the item you put in the back that's too large. Well I discovered there's a place to stow it. 2 Years I've had this vehicle, felt so stupid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This may be a complaint as well as a quirk, but our 2015 Trax for the past couple years has had a problem with the driver's window making an awful "screech" noise when going up and down, no matter what the temperature. The dealer has used dry lube once, but it really didn't help. Probably the seals are drying out and causing the noise. Now the front passenger window is doing the same thing! Short of replacing the window seals, I don't know what can be done.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if there are any solutions short of new window seals!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think if you just hold the bar a second or two longer you will get the 3 sweeps you are looking for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
An other quirk I have with my Trax is when I press the windshield pisser the wipers only sweep once, maybe this is a problem not sure, My Encore sweeps 3 times. When you're driving at highway speed one sweep just doesn't cut it so you have to turn your wipers on before you spray the windshield. Kind of a pain, the rear wiper sweeps 3 times though go figure.
I think if you hold the bar for another second or two you will get the 3 sweeps you're looking for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely a quirk, not really a problem, but I've found that when I look for my 2015's paint code, I find it as a 2016 color. On a plate on the firewall it includes the GQM code, as well as the WA-895 code shown on the Service Parts ID tag in the glove box. Any place I try to find touch-up paint, it only returns results for these codes as a 2016 color.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for that, Traxy! I know it's the right color, it's just a weird thing that when shopping for touch-up paint, it never returns results for 2015 Chevrolet Trax having WA-895 (GQM) as an option. Probably something to do with GM publishing the paint code list that these vendors pull their data from. Mistakes happen, we're all human. As long as it cross-references on the list, I'm sure I'll get the right color.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So on my 2019 Trax I started it up and the infotainment screen was black. Radio was playing fine, i could skip through favorites with the wheel control and face buttons. I could still accept calls through the phone, but couldn't figure out why my new car has a black screen.

Disconnected the phone, turned it off, started back up again the same way. Swapped USB cables to a charge only one, still the same result. Then something occurred to me that i haven't heard the beep from my Progressive Snapshot device, so i look down and noticed it had no lights on. Unplugged it and started the car again, and like magic the screen popped on like nothing happened.

Moral of the story, if you have anything plugged in the ODB port, try not bumping it on the way in or out of the drivers seat.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Well here's a quirk that is actually a problem. Don't understand why GM engineers did it this way.
Normally you shouldn't be able to lock your keys in the car when they are in the ignition. But today this happened to me.
If key is in the ignition at any position OFF, IGN or RUN and you press the lock button at the door, the second you close the door, they unlock.

But I found an exception today and I learnt the hard way. I was showing my friend Chris how to relearn the TPMS so I turned the key to IGN and started the learn process stepped out of the car to apply the programmer to driver's side front wheel and Chris closed the door so he could see what I was doing. When door latched it locked all the doors with the key in the ignition. I couldn't believe it.... So he lent me his car so I could go get my other key from home. I get back and the remote doesn't work either. So I had to manual insert the key to unlock the driver's door. I tried this again it locked the doors again, so this is maybe something the programming techs overlooked or they have a not so obvious reason for this to happen. So be careful in spring when programming your summer tires, do not shut the door.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts