Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Chevy Trax is a pretty affordable vehicle, but it still offers customers an impressive array of technological features. Here are some of the technological features that the Chevy Trax has on offer.

One of the most impressive technological features of the 2015 Chevy Trax is its fast 4G mobile connection for multiple devices via OnStar with built-in Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is not a feature that is included in all vehicles by any means, so the fact that an economy car like the Trax offers this is pretty cool.

The Trax also offers Siri Eyes Free. This feature allows iPhone users to operate their smartphones with voice commands. This should be a welcome tech feature for all those Apple fanatics out there.

There is also BringGo app integration. This feature will transform the infotainment screen into a navigation system.

Besides these software features, there are also hardware features in the Chevy Trax as well. There are USB and auxiliary input jacks in the cabin, a standard 7-in touch-screen infotainment system with satellite radio service. You can also add a premium audio system as an option too.

All this for a vehicle that is going to be less than $20,000. I'd say that is a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
193 Posts
It all really is a good deal come to think of it, even when you compare it to what else is available in the market, this is one of the better options out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its one of the lesser known features of the Trax. Not sure exactly what other vehicles have similar features. Would be cool to do some research to see though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
also looking at the type of person that would be buying these, they are the type to want the most value for their money and this is a great way to do that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that it makes the car appeal to younger people more as well. They consistently show that they care about features like these. It should help the Trax compete with cars that may have styling that is younger looking, like the Kia Soul.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think that it makes the car appeal to younger people more as well. They consistently show that they care about features like these. It should help the Trax compete with cars that may have styling that is younger looking, like the Kia Soul.
yeah that is part of it
just not sure how well it will do against the soul.

women might like the soul more since it is a bit of a chicks ride, while guys might go for the trax.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neither are particularly masculine IMO. If there is a gender skew I don't think it will be that pronounced.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just reading some more about OnStar and GM technology generally and thought I would share it with you guys.

OnStar 4G LTE has just been introduced 4 weeks ago by GM, and a report shows that 98 percent of customers have activated their free trial periods of service. The free trial lasts 3 months or to a maximum of 3 gigabytes of data.

Right now only a limited number of models benefit from the technology at the present moment. GM has promised that by the end of 2014 most GM vehicles will have OnStar 4G LTE technology.

You can read more about it here --> http://www.autoevolution.com/news/o...d-activated-by-98-percent-of-users-84952.html

·
Registered
745 Posts
yes lets crusade against distracted driving and then turn the car into the biggest distraction ;)
Yup, it's funny how that works.

Funny how we can't use our cell phones while driving meanwhile a lot of car have a 8 inch infotainment screen in the middle of the car that can be just as much of a distraction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts