Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a "China" multimedia unit to bring the Trax up to date. I bought this here -> US $188.94 33% OFF|Marke Neue Auto Android 10 gps für Chevrolet TRAX 9 So far so good. Installation was OK, but I have a problem with the stability of the CAN bus connection. I can set it up, but after a few minutes it is lost and I can only make settings on the device itself. Problem No. 2 is the "thing with the original rear view camera". This cannot even be combined in this way. I found the post by Traxy (Installing Dasaita radio in my 2016 Trax). I'll try that out soon. Can my CAN bus problem also be related to this? Or does someone have another idea? You can choose the CAN-BUS type in the system settings. I have now chosen -> Raise - GE - Buick Encore (low). Would be great if someone had a goal-oriented idea here :)

Thanks for reading

IMG_6046.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the meantime, I was able to put the reversing camera into operation (thanks to the instructions from Traxy). However, the problem with the unstable CAN bus remains.
Does nobody really have an idea?

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Did you install a ground strap between the unit and body ground? I had too, because of interference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. I only connected PIN 7 & 8 (car side) with the yellow CCD cable. Then it ran immediately and without any problems! Thanks to you for figuring out this solution!

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
I had to screw a ground strap from the heat sink of the radio to chassis ground. This eliminated Wi-Fi noise, radio noise and moire effect in backup camera.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ich war nicht in der Lage, diese Störungen zu identifizieren. Vielleicht liegt es am Handy? Ich habe ein iPhoneX. Oder haben Sie Strommasten in der Nähe? Oder eine Militärbasis.

Auf welches Fahrzeug hat Sie Ihr CAN-Bus eingestellt?

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Google translated to.

I was unable to identify these disorders. Maybe it's because of the cell phone? I have an iPhoneX. Or do you have electricity pylons nearby? Or a military base. Which vehicle has your CAN bus set you on?

I'll have to check, but mine was preset for my Trax from the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts