Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm taking a pretty extended road trip from NY allll round the west coast. Got into Colorado and went to a lower peak at the Rockies (6,000) elevation. The check engine light popped on when before getting into the mountains and when entering the Colorado area (mountain range) the car was reving like crazy.

I got the p0299 code which many autoshops say can happen from the change in attitude. I unplugged the battery and the code went away. Went to the smaller peak and light didn't come back on.

I still have a large portion of this trip to go on which will include at least one 7000 elevation stop. Can I keep driving knowing the light may come on? I'm trying to understand how to shift into Manual mode to help but I'm a little lost at that. I'm just super nervous about getting back on the road now and having this issue be a major fix somewhere more remote.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
P0299 is low boost, make sure your clamps are tight at throttle body and intercooler. This can happen at higher altitude if your pressured intake is leaking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts