Chevy Trax Forum banner

cold air intake-K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake Systems

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  beeguz 
#1 ·
Hello I am thinking about buying this CAI for my Chevy Trax. Its got the ecotech 1.4 turbo. Will this be compatible for the Chevy Trax? I know its for the Cruz and Sonic. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 ·
Why would you change type of air filter? What do you expect to gain from a Typhoon system other than increased intake noise?

#3 ·
They have done tests on these cold air intakes, that show they do nothing for power, but if noise is what you are after then buy one, if you are looking for performance forget about it.

Same go's for K&N filters they do absolutely nothing, then after using and cleaning them they start to leave dirt into your engine.

Best bet is to buy a cheaper air filter that fits the stock airbox I like to buy the regular Pureolator they work, but have less resistance to air.

Problem is these filters are a new type they might not make them to fit the Trax until they catch up to the newer cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.