Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm currently on the market for a new compact crossover, but I'm having a hard time weeding through all the options. Its such a huge segment now that its difficult to determine the best route to go. It seems most of the higher rated models are imports and I'd like to go with something domestic instead.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you want a GM Trax/Encore, wait for a big sale on the Buick Encore. It is worth the extra $$$ it costs and comes with a better bumper to bumper warranty. Can get the new 1.4 engine with more power and more mpg, what's not to love?

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
It seems most of the higher rated models are imports and I'd like to go with something domestic instead.
The Trax and Encore are imports tag as GM, They're a good little vehicle with a few designs that could be improved. When I bought my Trax I was really looking for a Mitsubishi RVR but settled for the cheaper of the 2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want a GM Trax/Encore, wait for a big sale on the Buick Encore. It is worth the extra $$$ it costs and comes with a better bumper to bumper warranty. Can get the new 1.4 engine with more power and more mpg, what's not to love?
I'll definitely keep my eyes on the Encore, thanks for the suggestion! Have you found the warranty available on the Trax to be lacking? I've seen on the website the basic package comes with free oil changes? What a steal aha. From what I've read online it seems the power offering in the Trax is one of its weakest aspects. Do you guys find this to be true?

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
Unless you're always in a hurry or buy a Trax to race, it has sufficient power. At least in my case!

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is fine for city driving. Extra hp and torque of the new 1.4 engine always helps on the interstate. 1-2 extra mpg is a nice bonus that will pay for itself if you drive many miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts