Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '15 LT. I have an OBDII based gauge set and am using coolant temp as a display. Temperatures are now in the 0 to 20F in the morning. I start the vehicle (with floor and front defrost, fan on 3). I leave the recirculation button on. I let it run about 5 or 6 minutes before I leave. Temp gauge reads 95 to 100 within the 1st mile. 3 miles to the convenience store, gauge reads about 170 to 175. Put vehicle in park and let it idle for about 5 minutes while inside. Gauge will read about 150 to 155. During the remaining 2.5 miles, gauge reaches 180 to 185. Mass Air Flow shows 0.3 to 3 Pounds/minute. Owners manual says operating temperature is 210. No insulation on underside of the hood, colder air going through the intake (and turbo system). Other vehicles I've had have reached 'normal operating temperature' during this commute when colder outside, even the ones with larger engines and 195 thermostats.. Does this appear correct? This is my 2nd winter with this vehicle, and 1st with this gauge set up.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,836 Posts
Mine runs at 92-93°C ( 198-199°F )but it does take a long time to get there at below freezing temps, like 10 kms unless I'm going uphill. I also use Torque, best tool ever showing right on my Android radio.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine runs at 92-93°C ( 198-199°F )but it does take a long time to get there at below freezing temps, like 10 kms unless I'm going uphill. I also use Torque, best tool ever showing right on my Android radio.

Did you go through OnStar to get this on your radio screen? Are you able to post a link if this is aftermarket?
20201229_164530[1].jpg
I have a MyLink radio. I am using a blue tooth version from UltraGauge. I bought an Android phone and suction cup mount specifically for this.
UltraGauge
This is page 2

·
Super Moderator
1,836 Posts
Did you go through OnStar to get this on your radio screen? Are you able to post a link if this is aftermarket?
Had nothing to do with OnStar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts