Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another problem with my 2014 Trax... My spark plug housings have a tendency to corrode. Spark plug 1 corroded within the first year and was covered under warranty. Plugs 2 and 3 were found corroded last month. This was not covered under warranty.

My dealership can't give me any help or suggestions as to why this is happening and I'm a little frustrated. Has anyone else had this issue? I've got 3 years left to finance and I don't look forward to having to pay for this again and again.

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
What were the symptoms? Did it set engine codes? Did you take pictures? What should we look for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The symptoms were a really rough idle, sluggish acceleration, kind of felt like it was going to stall at times, when braking it would lurch and feel like it was losing power.

There was a squealing coming from my engine so I had thought it was a belt needing changing but it was actually a different warranty issue. I was pretty shocked to learn my spark plug housings had corroded because it is apparently pretty rare.

I have the parts in a box, I can post pictures if needed. It's just strange to me, and frustrating that they don't know why it's happening or how to eliminate the problem from happening again. 3 more years...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were no engine codes for the plug issue. The check engine light came on because there was a seal leak. We had a pretty bad cold snap here in Alberta so there were actually 3 issues that came up. I'll post pics tomorrow. Don't know what you should look for because they can't even tell me much about it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Were the plugs fouled with oil? was the gap compromised with carbon buildup?

Could be oil coming from bad seals in the turbo.... but won't know until we see the problem.

I did hear someone talking about problems 1.4T coil packs going bad its possible that the coils are dead or on their way to being dead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts