Chevy Trax Forum banner

Could There Be a Diesel Model?

12K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  ChevyTraxLS+ 
If they really go through with making the Cruze a diesel, then I can see them expanding into their other smaller segments, but then again they may only want to stick with one mega mainstream model for this

Yes, it's quite widespread and this is just to start.

It's just too bad that when it comes to super light weight material like carbon fiber, it's just too expensive to use on vehicles like this.
Would love to see some mainstream cars with carbon fiber shells.

Sadly that won't happen for another 10 years.

Diesels are starting to be brought over to the US but still many many models have European diesels but not American ones. I wouldn't hold my breath though it is a possibility.
It doesn't help that apparently Americans don't want them, if more did then maybe we'd see more.

With how EV's and Hybrids are growing, I doubt we'll see any significant growth with diesels.

But just because you can't see the stuff that is killing you doesn't mean it stops killing you. I'm not pretending to know too much about the pollution of each fuel when compared, but the whole VW cheating thing is concerning. London was having troubles with diesel fuel causing lots of pollution in their city. So there have likely been improvements, but just because it looks better does not mean that it is better.
I bet in a lot of cases it silently does harm till you start seeing the impact it will have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.