Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Trax AWD LS purchased with 6 miles from dealership. Anyway the dash lighting and radio screen will randomly dim and come back to normal. Not super dim but enough that you notice it change. Nothing stops working or anything just the dimming. I can show the dealership but it’s not ever a specific time for it to happen. Has anyone else had this happen?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is something covering a light sensor near the windshield/dash area?

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
I have a 2016 Trax AWD LS purchased with 6 miles from dealership. Anyway the dash lighting and radio screen will randomly dim and come back to normal. Not super dim but enough that you notice it change. Nothing stops working or anything just the dimming. I can show the dealership but it’s not ever a specific time for it to happen. Has anyone else had this happen?? Thanks in advance.
Is this at idle or while rolling?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2016 does exactly the same. At first I was alarmed but it seems to me to change with lite conditions. I hardly pay attention to it anymore. No worries.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you go under an overpass long enough, i think teh sensor detects that and dims the lights. Just a guess.
A problem if it just dims while you're under bright sunlight.

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
The hysteresis number is set at 1 minute +/- . This means it takes 1 minute for the ambient sensor software to switch from daytime to nighttime. People have complained that in the morning everything is dim, well thats because when they came home the night before it was dark, so it's going to take a minute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts