Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am not sure, cause I don't know what they factory fill...
I've studied the problem and Dexos 1 Gen 2 is recommended, however not compulsory...
I've seen docs with GM recommandations for Russia, and they say if there is LSPI or something like that then "change the oil to Dexos 1 Gen 2"
It means(I suppose) they used to factory fill Dexos 1 Gen 1.
You may not understand russian, but you can see what cars and engines they recommended to use dexos 1 gen 2 for.
A14NET and B14NET are on the list, but as I said - if there is LSPI or some metallic noise from engine.
I think dexos 1 gen 1 is enough if it is of the right viscosity.
Thanks to this guy:
https://www.drive2.ru/b/480414289522327890/
And if Dexos 1 Gen 2(part Nr 95599877) is not available, use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5W30 (p/n 12345885).

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
I would use a full synthetic if you can, if you can't use a synthetic blend if you feel its too much expense.

Dexos is just a semi synthetic oil bottled for GM by a company, probably one of the major brands, Dexos 1 might be semi synthetic, Dexos 2 probably a full synthetic.

As long as the oil matches or exceeds GM specs its fine it does not have to be Dexos
Use only engine oil meeting the dexos1

specification of the proper SAE
viscosity grade.

5-30 motor oil what brand you use is up to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply, i think gen2 is for the gasoline direct injection right?? but in here (Indonesia) my dealership told me to use gen 2 oil in the B14NET motor, one day i came up for oil change and they use the gen 1 oil (mobil 1) which is claimed by the dealership as gen 2 oil..

Sent from my SM-G610F

·
Registered
772 Posts
Mobil is a great oil, it is as good as any conventional oil on the market.

I prefer synthetic because of its cooling and low friction properties, these little engines need all the help they can get.

If synthetic helps it run smoother with less friction it will help it run/last longer, I'm all for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts