Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what a Trax from Australia or Canada or wherever has as standard equipment. My made in Mexico for the Mexican market Trax seems to be very different from the US models. It is a 2015 LT model. Not available with 4wld. No turbo engine. The only model that has that is the LTZ as an option. LT comes only with the 1.8 engine. Mine doesn't have infotainment/nav screen. So no backup camera. No roof rack, only two airbags, no tpms, no auto headlights, no cruise control, no remote start, heated mirrors, seat lumbar adjustment, stability control, drl, telescoping steering wheel, cargo tray under the seat, fog lights, arm rests, or folding front passenger seat.
According to the dealer these things were left off of the LT model to make the car affordable for the average buyer in this country. The LS model here does come with a manual trans (auto extra) and hubcaps only. Otherwise, not much different and there was only about 1,200 dollars difference in price between the two.
The LTZ had the same equipment as the US model (mostly) and cost about 7,000 more than the LS.
Anyway, interesting to see how GM/Holden/Opel build their cars to suit the market they sell in. Also sure makes it interesting to Google info or search for parts. Alan

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
Different countries have different mandatory equipment. For example here in Canada DRLs and TPMS are mandatory so are side airbags now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts