Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever wonder how to disassemble the dome light? Well I had to today to access a battery 12 volt, so took a few pictures along the way. My Trax is a 2016 but yours should be similar.

First you need to remove the cover which is held in the corners by little clips, so just pull one corner at a time and it will come right out. If you have a microphone it will need to be unclipped from the cover so you can put the cover aside. It is held in place with 1 clip one each side.

The lens just pulls away from the corners, starting from the front seems to work best. Then you will need to remove the reflector, it is held with one clip front center.

Then 2 small metal clips holds the switch assembly in place. With a small screwdriver you can depress these clips and the assembly will drop out.

You will also need to depress these 2 spring clips in the rear

Voilà!

Back side for the curious...

You will be left with this...

To remove the housing you will need to remove 2 torx screws 1.5 I believe then pop the front out first and slide forward.

Now you have a big hole in your roof panel and can access the wiring.

Hope this helps somebody down the road.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks you would think those dumbass engineers would put some sound dampening foam up there to help with the stupid bluetooth microphone noise.Wait i bet that saved them 5 buck woohooo somebody gets a bonus for that move.....

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well now you know how to put $5 worth of insulation backing up there. Thank You! Didn't think about that while I had it apart, now I'm going to have to do this because at 60 mph the microphone is pretty much useless. At least I know it's easy to take apart. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts