Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Trax LTZ. I needed to pull a full trailer from Indiana to Florida.
I looked online at uhaul and it said that my vehicle can pull up to a 5 X 8 trailer. I reserved the trailer, a month in advance. Went to uhaul and had a hitch installed. At that time the installer said "yes, no problem, you can pull a fully loaded 5x 8 trailer. The morning I went to pick up the trailer they didn't have it but wanted to give me a 6 X 12 trailer. I found a 5 X 8 myself in another city. Long story but I will shorten. DO NOT PULL A FULLY LOADED TRAILER BIGGER THAN SOMETHING SMALLER THEN A 5 X 8 with a Chevy Trax and DO NOT TRUST UHAUL. We got 30 miles away and had to return to start and get a bigger vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2016 Trax LTZ. I needed to pull a full trailer from Indiana to Florida.
Interesting story. I have assumed that since there is no mention of towing capacity in the Owners Manual that the Trax, GM-wise anyway, has "no" towing capacity.

How did U-Haul determine that the Trax had some level of towing capacity, and what were the warning signs that your Trax wasn't up to the job after the 30 miles?

I've wondered about this ...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bigger than something smaller than 5x8 kinda threw me off but I see your point. But yea, where is UHaul getting this "knowledge" from... ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I do not know about the 2016 but in the owners manual for the 2015 it specifically stated no towing allowed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts