Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I have driven at least 5 Trax over the last 4 years and all share one trait in common. At some early point in the vehicle's mileage the driver side door window begins to make a snap or click sound in the upper left corner when lowering. I discovered that it was exactly what it sounded like...the rubber seal is getting pulled by the glass window and then snaps back into place. I just wonder how many Trax owners have experienced this common annoyance or is it just me. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just curious. I have driven at least 5 Trax over the last 4 years and all share one trait in common. At some early point in the vehicle's mileage the driver side door window begins to make a snap or click sound in the upper left corner when lowering. I discovered that it was exactly what it sounded like...the rubber seal is getting pulled by the glass window and then snaps back into place. I just wonder how many Trax owners have experienced this common annoyance or is it just me. Thank you.
Yes, I have a 2017 bought used from dealer at 17K miles. I noticed that sound right away. However, not every time and seems to be less now at 21K.

·
Super Moderator
265 Posts
I would only get that sound when using the full auto press of the button, but i haven't noticed it at all since i installed the vent visors on there. I wonder if it's because of the clips added to the upper track during installation that's muting the sound of the rubber seal around the glass.

Now has anyone else noticed that overwhelming noise the interior of the Trax produces if you roll down just one of the other alone? It's lessened if the cargo cover is removed, but it's still nearly deafening in both cases.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should add that the snap goes away whenever it rains. I think the wet glass becomes too slippery for the rubber seal to grab in those conditions.
Anyway, a big yes to Montkun's question. Especially at higher speeds, whenever other windows are lowered partially or fully, it sounds like a machine gun going tatatatatat and is quite loud. Asking the wife to raise her window fixes it every time lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would only get that sound when using the full auto press of the button, but i haven't noticed it at all since i installed the vent visors on there. I wonder if it's because of the clips added to the upper track during installation that's muting the sound of the rubber seal around the glass.

Now has anyone else noticed that overwhelming noise the interior of the Trax produces if you roll down just one of the other alone? It's lessened if the cargo cover is removed, but it's still nearly deafening in both cases.

I had similar with my previous car - 2013 Kia Soul. Partially roll down just the 2 rear windows and there would be an air buffeting sound. Just the nature of the interiors in these vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
265 Posts
I'm just glad I'm not alone, i was confused the first time it happened. My fix was to either close the window or open a second one up front to fix the airflow. Oddly enough, i never get the sound from just having the driver's side cracked. It only happens with the passenger windows to the rear and right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts