Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a vision of thing to come i have a 2016 chevy trax lt fwd and it's been repaired 4 times for different reasons and now we have a problem with faulty lower control arms. Well it seem like it's gonna be a long time for repairs are completed i have a loaner but it's like i am paying for a car that i can't drive.....maybe i should have bought another brand i am so sad i love the Trax but it's turning into tough love. disappointed......:(

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Think of all the free miles you are getting though. All these miles that aren't being put on your Trax all at GM's expense. I also have a 2016 AWD Trax and I've also had a few problems, ignition coil pack corrosion 50000kms ( ≈30000 miles ) and now @ 86000 (≈ 54000 ) it started seeping coolant @ the water pump. I have a pump on order 75$ Cnd delivered, should be here this week.

You could take it upon yourself and install MOOG lower control arms @ about $44 USd a piece and get them installed at a local shop. At least that way you'd get to drive your Trax back, wouldn't have to worry about control arm failure and wouldn't break the bank. At least that's what I'm considering on doing. I always bypass the dealers when ever I can. My water pump is still under powertrain warranty but I don't trust their grease monkeys to do the work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see and had thought about that myself and said why should I pay again myself for their screw up. I have had multiple problems with this Trax I never had with my Malibu and it had it's flaws also. I have got to find a vehicle without a turbo charger

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Save up for a Tesla "Y" it's the future. I have a savings account just for that. I should reach my goal in 3 years. Just before my Trax dies.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see your point Tracy but I have too far to drive for one of those.Yeah I believe I am stuck with the Trax for awhile unless I get a buy back from GM lol never happen. Plus I have changed my mind on the whole turbocharged thing and want a 6 cylinder sadly getting scarce unless you go for an Equinox or a Traverse. Lots o' cash.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
How far do you drive? The "Y" is good for 410 miles on a charge.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
No range anxiety there you'd have 260 miles to spare if you don't recharge at your destination. I am ready, my Trax is my last ICE car. 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds is the way to go....lol No more paying Big Oil!!!! They just installed these 2 Kms away I could charge my "Y" while I eat breakfast and watch other people fill their cars at the pump..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it looks like your all set all you need is the Tesla me not so much no infrastructure here at all. Still Doomed lol. Not really funny.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Well there are 8 here. And you can charge them at home overnight like your cellphone.

Supercharger
Legacy Pointe
3801 S. MacArthur Blvd.
Springfield, IL 62704

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LoL yeah nice but still not so sure about batteries. Well more as the the Trax turns now GM decided that they are not gonna pay for the rental i am in and the Dealer is gonna get me one of their lot cars i am thinking maybe i should go ahead and buy the car the way the GM UAW strike is going i may never get it back till after Halloween i might see The Great Pumpkin before i get it back lol i would laugh if it didn't hurt so bad........i know piss and moan......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had similar problems with my 2017LT FWD. All new front end and 6 mos in the shop, just for it to be even worse 6 months after repairs. GM refuses to offer any help whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
A 2017 should still be under warranty...unless you put on a lot of miles. Mine is a 2016 it has 95000Kms ( 59000 miles ). It's a salvage so no warranty. So far after original repair of previous owner's accident I've replaced an ignition coil $85, a TPMS sensor $10 and a water pump and thermostat housing $87. I now have a small coolant leak from one of the hoses at the turbo, ordered and received it last Friday $25. These are Canadian dollars so a buck 25 USd.:D Still on original brake pads and rotor. I love my Trax!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a 2015 Trax LT (Mexico version) which has a 1.8 non turbo, no tpms, no infotainment, no traction control (no snow here) and a long list of other stuff left off this model here in Mexico. Simpler is better. I can spin the tires on dry pavement, get 39 mpg highway, and have had absolutely no problems with anything mechanical. Now have about 45,000 miles and have done the basics to maintain the car. I have owned Hondas and Toyotas that caused me more problems. Prior car was a 2007 Chevy Tracker which was not available in the US or Canada because of the Saturn Vue. But Chevy had Suzuki continue making them in Argentina for Latin America until 2008. Great vehicle but much more truck like and only got 25 mpg highway. Trax is a great improvement. I think sometimes things are made more complicated than they need to be. Keep it simple and make it right and you have a customer for life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts