Chevy Trax Forum banner

door locking relay

13K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Traxy 
#1 ·
So I have come to my first issue with my 2018 Trax LT. The door locking mechanism works intermittently, both with the OnStar app or keyless fob as well pressing the button inside the cabin. The lights will flash as if it's unlocking or locking and horn will beep for passive lock but the locks themselves will not move at all. However I can go for a drive then it will work. When its not working the door will not lock when driving away. However the strange part is the trunk lock will still work(That is how I have been getting into the car haha).

I'm thinking there is a bad relay but have little knowledge on what could have caused this or if this is the problem. Also the where the relay for locks is located? There are no check engine lights on dash or anything else showing signs of a problem.

#2 ·
Did you check your battery voltage? You may have a bad cell. Should be 12.3 volt minimum with engine not running.

#4 ·
Vehicle will still start with a bad cell and most stuff will still run normally. Except remotes, they need vehicle voltage to be at least 12.3 volts.

#5 ·
I don't think it's battery because the intermittent failure. Also when the car is running it still won't work even when the button inside is pressed. Also when the car is moved from a parked position to driving the doors do not automatically lock

#6 ·
Ok I was going to try to remove liftgate relay just to see if that was the problem. Well I couldn't pull it out because of how tight it's in there(also never pulled one before) but when wiggling the relay box I got it to work! Think I will just take it to dealer tell them to replace it

#8 ·
Okay so it was fixed, could have done it myself but I'm not comfortable removing door panels and monkeying with interior stuff especially since its new still and my DD. But it was the x500(200?- don't remember the connector name) that is inside driver door panel. Apparently it was loose or not fully on. That was according to dealer repair sheet what they did. Makes sense though now it works perfectly and hadn't had an issue. Hope this helps!

#14 ·
However the strange part is the trunk lock will still work (That is how I have been getting into the car haha).
The rear hatch is on a separate relay but still gets it's signal from the BCM.
You should be able to unlock the driver's door with the key!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.