Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Trax LS is having trouble with the left rear door lock not actuating in either direction most times. When the door lock or unlock is pressed, you can see it flinch a bit, but most times it doesn't fully lock or unlock, respectively. I thought I'd ask before diving into door panel removal and trying to investigate inside the door mechanisms.

Question 1: Anyone deal with something similar, and if so, what fixed it?
Question 2: Are there any particular tips or tricks to door panel removal?

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Traxy, looks pretty standard as far as door panels go. Good to know!

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
No problem. Let me know if you need the schematic and I will dig for it! Most likely you have a bad actuator. GM#13579523 Get ready they are not cheap new lol. Don't know if I'd take a chance on a junkyard one. These are used on a lot of GMs like Regal Camaro Cruze Equinox Malibu Terrain so chances are the junkyard would have one.

Reactions: 63dart

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My problem is with the left (passenger) side, so it looks like my part# would be 13579545, which also looks to be more than double the cost of the right-side actuator for some reason. Lucky me! ��

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
Passenger side is the right side. Driver's side is left, it's always determined while sitting at the wheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You’re absolutely right Traxy, I wasn’t thinking what I was typing. The left rear is the one I have a problem with, and it’s the driver’s side. Not sure why I typed passenger side, oops! Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Traxy:
You often provide diagrams and detailed instructions for disassembly, assembly, and repair. Where do you find these wonderful resources? Do you have any helpful links that you'd be comfortable sharing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Traxy:
You often provide diagrams and detailed instructions for disassembly, assembly, and repair. Where do you find these wonderful resources? Do you have any helpful links that you'd be comfortable sharing?

·
Super Moderator
1,468 Posts
I bought the .pdf manual from a guy in Europe for my year Trax ( 16 ) and also bought it for different years but some files are corrupt. So I have to surf through these to find the appropriate files in question. I haven't searched 2017 up because mine is a 2016. This guy also provided me with a limited access to connector end views. It isn't complete but so far so good.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2013-2016-Chevrolet-Trax-SERVICE-REPAIR-MANUAL-CD/223606424304?hash=item340ffb42f0:g:xooAAOSwnlJbcapb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts