Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 TRAX. About every two months, when I get in the car and before I shut the door, and before the key is inserted, and when my butt hits the seat, the doors lock. Does anyone else have this problem??
The key fob is still in my hand but I am not touching the "lock button".

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
There is no passenger present switch on the driver's side so you can eliminate that. I have done the same and wondered but concluded that has I reached for the handle to close the door I would accidentally hit the lock button near by.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happened again yesterday morning. Sue was already seated this time. It has happened before she got in. She thinks I do it on purpose. I have not been back to the dealer. I dread to see their reaction when I try to explain. I once had a 1961 Chevy that would choke down after about five miles. It only happened in Fall or Spring weather. It never failed again the same day or when it was warmed up. The dealer thought I was crazy when I explained what was happening. Later when I took it to the dealer, they replaced one spark plug wire. Didn't help. Several months later the fuel pump failed. When I replaced it, the problem vanished.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
I had a 62 Impala in high school. Loved that boat.

I still think you're accidentally pressing lock on either the door panel or the FOB, while trying to open the flip key, because there is nothing in the driver's seat that would or can activate the lock control.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Check the owners manual.
There's settings for Delayed Locking...
"This feature delays the actual
locking of the doors until five seconds after all doors are closed."
and something that says...
"If the driver door is open, the driver
door and locking fuel door cannot
be locked. This can be changed in
the Vehicle Settings."
Other than that it could be a faulty remote or door lock switch locking the doors.

I had a 62 Buick Wildcat 401 in High School, it was a fun cruiser in the 70's.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
I had a 62 Buick Wildcat 401 in High School, it was a fun cruiser in the 70's.
:D I know my Chevy could sit 6 guys comfortably or 4 guys and 4 girls very comfortably.>:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BSWARM: Thanks. I went to settings and changed the two options to ON. The doors don't lock at the 5 second time on my 2016 TRAX, but when all doors are closed and not until I shift out of PARK. Appears to be OK for now. Time will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts