Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the broken flex pipe that gave error code P0172. No more codes. All systems passed but the EVAP. I've been driving for two weeks now and over 1500 miles as I drive for LYFT. What more do I have to do? I've been doing the generic drive cycle for GM. I own a 2016 Trax LT AWD 1.4L. Help.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Some codes do not go away on their own. Did you clear all the codes?

Reactions: LegacyTrax

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am with Traxy on this one. That code usually means ur mixture is running lean other than double checking to clear the code you could clean your MAF especially if your running some type of aftermarket intake or performance filter, otherwise always do a once over your engine for possible vacuum leaks or sometimes even coolant leaks. I do know the 1.4 is well known for positive pressure becoming present in the engine from crank seals and such but you would notice a weird belt sounding squeak if that were the case. Just throwing all possibilities at ya.

·
Registered
227 Posts
As mentioned you have to clear all codes after the repair. THEN you can first start the drive cycles, Miles are nearly irrelevant, a drive cycle is defined as starting the engine when the outside air temp is within 5°F of the engine temp, running it all the way up to full normal operating temp, and then cooling back down to within 5°F of the air temp. That counts as one drive cycle. Driving to the store and back home is not 2 drive cycles. A 500 mile road trip MIGHT be just one drive cycle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is nothing else wrong, it just has to go through the evap phase of the drive cycle. i had this problem on my 98 nissan maxima. once i was able to get the proper drive cycle. the evap passed. just looking for the proper drive cycle for my trax.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Do you have a code?

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Your Trax should do an evap test after it falls into closed loop. Mine does it about five minutes into any drive if my gas tank level is less than 90% and more than 10%. I use the Torque Pro APP to check.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My truck has to be between 1/4 and 3/4 fuel level for the evap test.
If the system is marginal it can take many tries before it is happy.
Is the evap the only monitor left to clear?
I Wisconsin you can pass a emissions test with one monitor not set. Once I passed the test I never do go back to see if the evap monitor ever did clear. All I cared about was passing the stupid test.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
I went by memory and my memory isn't very good.
Here it is out of the service manual.

Cap is leaking a little bit apparently, I'll apply a bit of vaseline on the rubber seal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts