Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old piece here, but I think we will be seeing the happen shortly...

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1089785_ford-ecosport-subcompact-crossover-coming-to-u-s-ceo-says

Mulally suggests that over time, "you’ll see even smaller cars in the United States,” hinting that one day cars like the EcoSport would be available to U.S. customers. “I think, in time, it’ll be here,” he said.

The EcoSport is already a global car, developed as part of Ford's "One Ford" strategy that's also seen the Fiesta, Focus and Fusion sold in several markets worldwide.
Its successful in Europe and Asia, no reason why it cant appeal to US consumers as well, except for the external spare, I'm sure that will be solved with a patch kit and some good luck ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
that's what i always thought, that it was just a matter of time. just looking at what's happening to the industry now you can see models like the eco sport being brought over to north america.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I mean the whole CUV thing has already caught on in the US. Bringing Euro models over to the US seems overdue at this point. Companies are playing catch up with that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
There is room but they are quickly filling it up. I think there are plenty of new CUVs coming out in the next little while. The segment will be saturated in no time.

I'm thinking of the EcoSport, HRV, NX, GLA...

·
Registered
745 Posts
There is room but they are quickly filling it up. I think there are plenty of new CUVs coming out in the next little while. The segment will be saturated in no time.

I'm thinking of the EcoSport, HRV, NX, GLA...
that's quite a wide range of vehicles to choose from.
if you have the money for an NX or GLA... why go for an HRV or EcoSport?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I mean the whole CUV thing has already caught on in the US. Bringing Euro models over to the US seems overdue at this point. Companies are playing catch up with that.
mercedes should have brought over the a-class, that's something i'd like to see here.

·
Registered
556 Posts
that's quite a wide range of vehicles to choose from.
if you have the money for an NX or GLA... why go for an HRV or EcoSport?
I was just trying to point out all of the new comers to the market. I thought about the NX and the GLA, but then I figured I was just paying extra for the badge. I'd rather get something that I can put more options into for a lesser price.

·
Registered
193 Posts
At best there's a $20k difference in the price of the trax and the gla. Yeah they are new comers but they're completely irrelevant here, no one here is considering them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
At best there's a $20k difference in the price of the trax and the gla. Yeah they are new comers but they're completely irrelevant here, no one here is considering them.
Don't speak for everyone. You don't know what other people are considering. There may be lurkers too.

Besides what I was saying about the segment becoming more popular is still relevant to the introduction of those more upmarket vehicles.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't speak for everyone. You don't know what other people are considering. There may be lurkers too.

Besides what I was saying about the segment becoming more popular is still relevant to the introduction of those more upmarket vehicles.
I don't know why anyone who can afford a luxurious GLA, NX, and the like, within the $40k range would buy a just under $20k economy car instead, and there's no way that's going to work the other way around.

I get it, compacts segments are growing, but that's just way too broad to go. Keep it practical. This thread was originally about the Ecosport, a car likely to be no more than just under $20k to start, like the Trax, stick within that range ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm just saying that there are so many cars being introduced into this segment. Whether its upmarket or entry level.

Another one that is on the more affordable side is the Honda HR-V. The CR-V sells really well so if the HR-V is similar then it could be really successful.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have heard about this new vehicle from Honda.
Looks like it could do very well. I know the CR-V sells well enough and has a long standing history with the brand.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Its a pretty easy decision for Honda. The CR-V is a popular model so lets make a smaller version. Sounds like a winning plan to me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Do you think that its that simple though? If you take one car and make it a smaller version will it sell, or is there more to it? I think that multiple brands are trying this, but they can't all be successful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts