Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
If you drive aggressively in corners stabilitrak will kick in and light will come on.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
There is no traction control sensor per say, this is done through a mathematical algorithm using all 4 wheel speed sensors, a G-force sensor and engine load. I believe there's also some kind of tilt sensor involved to prevent rollovers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am so frustrated with this POS car replaced the upstream O2 sensor, then the downstream came up replaced it NOW i have a whole slew of codes which the O'reilly's guy told my wife they all feed on each other which lead him to believe the intake manifold is leaking WTF I got the sheet from them

P0171 too lean (already replaced this)
P0106 Manifold absolute pressure/BARO sensor range/Performance
P1101 Intake air flow system performance
P0171 (again)
P0106 (again)
P1101 (again)
P0171 (3rd time)
P1101 (3rd time)
P015B 02 Sensor delayed response - lean to rich bank 1 sensor 1
P0420 Catalyst system low efficiency (bank 1)

The suggested part from the paper is the Mass Air Flow Sensor

-----------------------------------------
ALSO Traxy the light the light I associate with the traction control will come on even when it is sitting still with all the other issues at times it comes on when the car sputters but always goes right off it's the light with the car and 2 wavy lines.
so ready to drive this thing off a cliff

·
Registered
181 Posts
The code does not always point to that component. O2 sensor codes are usually not the O2 sensor unless the heater circuit went bad, or the sensor is coated or contaminated with something upstream. Lean/Rich codes are usually not the O2 sensor either. There's a flowchart in the service manuals for each and every code. Besides the code scanner, the sensor data itself using a scanner, and a digital volt-ohm meter are useful tools. How many miles on you 2016? It might be a warranty issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Just make sure intake clamps are tight. maybe clean MAF. It could even be a frayed wire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just make sure intake clamps are tight. maybe clean MAF. It could even be a frayed wire.
I did remove the MAF sensor and cleaned it with Brake cleaner but will definitely check the clamps

The code does not always point to that component. O2 sensor codes are usually not the O2 sensor unless the heater circuit went bad, or the sensor is coated or contaminated with something upstream. Lean/Rich codes are usually not the O2 sensor either. There's a flowchart in the service manuals for each and every code. Besides the code scanner, the sensor data itself using a scanner, and a digital volt-ohm meter are useful tools. How many miles on you 2016? It might be a warranty issue.
The car has about 65K on it my wife drives it for work so it is well out of warranty Where can I find a service manual I have looked and can not find one. I have seen on youtube how to check an O2 sensor but none were even close to what the Trax looks like sso not real sure how to even test one or the MAF sensor either

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did remove the MAF sensor and cleaned it with Brake cleaner but will definitely check the clamps

The car has about 65K on it my wife drives it for work so it is well out of warranty Where can I find a service manual I have looked and can not find one. I have seen on youtube how to check an O2 sensor but none were even close to what the Trax looks like sso not real sure how to even test one or the MAF sensor either
why you not use a MAF sensor cleaner instead of a brake cleaner??

Sent from my SM-G610F

·
Registered
19 Posts
These 1.4L turbo motors have two significant issues:

One is a collapse of the PVC check valve in the intake manifold and the other is turbo failure.

When the check valve fails the diaphram in the valve cover fails also.

Check the Cruze forums for info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maggie

2014 chev trax problems starting in mornings. I replaced battery, but still same problems. I disconnect cable from 1 terminal, and replace it in morning and she starts first try. Today a code flashed on dashboard 173. What do this mean??

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Here's what I found on a quick search, I'm not sure if it has to do with the drive cycle being reset or an actual problem with the vehicle though.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
That's odd, there is no bank 2 on a Trax. No Bank 2 on a straight 4 cylinder. And there shouldn't be a P0173.
This is right out of the manual.

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
That's cylinder #1 misfire. My guess a corroded contactor.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts