Chevy Trax Forum banner

Engine model

5K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  riapip 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2019 Trax 1.4L turbo. LUV. Is there an O ring on the engine oil plug that needs to be changed with the oil change?
Thanks,

#4 ·
Notice the torque spec for oil pan drain plug is in lb-in not lb-ft. Very little torque on the plug, it is an aluminium oil pan and you can easily strip the threads if you're not careful. That's the whole reason behind the 10mm head. Garages that put these with the impact over torque these by a large amount. 124 lb-in is like 10 lb-ft

#5 ·
Wow, you are so technical and specific! I love it!
I need to borrow a torque wrench. Don't know if Harbor Freight has those "disposable" ones. 😄
Thank you so much!

Do you have any tricks for catching the dripped oil when removing the filter? I'm thinking of using a plastic sheet under it.
cj

#6 · (Edited)
I just use a rag, but if you crack the filter cap open before you drain the oil there will be almost no oil left in the filter by the time the oil has drained out.

#10 · (Edited)
I tried one of those on a previous Cobalt. It didn't even last the first oil change. Driving along on the highway something on the road came up and hit the valve snapping it right at the threads. Lucky for me I heard the thump and stopped to the side of the road to watch the oil dribble out. Had it towed home, removed what was left of the fumoto and put a regular drain plug back in. I still have an other new one that I never installed.

Reactions: apache snow
#22 ·
Have you figured out which oil cooler housing you have? You can tell just by looking at the cap. Black cap uses the one you purchased, brown cap with ridges uses the one with the spring.

#24 ·
Both mine use Hengst and I order my filters from Korea a dozen at a time. This reminds me, I only have 3 left I should reorder.

Prices went from $8.50 Cdn a piece to $11.40 Cdn, I ordered 6 more, will do me a couple of years.

Reactions: HED
#27 ·
Reactions: HED
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.