Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Trax, there is a small oil leak somewhere behind the heat shield i think? I can see drip on the ngine from underneath and that drip falls directly onto the exhaust manifold and then i can smell burning oil inside the car. The smell has ocurred 3 times in about two weeks. Do you guys know whats back there that would leak oil. It has only 70000 kms on the car.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
There's a GM bulletin out on that problem and I believe the dealer covers this under warranty. It's the turbo oil feed tube, the revised version has 2 "O" rings as oppose to one to better seal this fitting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the oil feed line and its all dry on both ends. I can see another line on the back side of the turbo when i look up from underneath the car. I can see a drip on the banjo fitting but there is no way to get at it to tighten or change the seals. Any thoughts on how to get at that line.

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
Never thought of the return line! Let me see if I can find anything on that one.

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
It's actually one of the oil cooler lines that's leaking. Never seen a bulletin on those.

Here's a Youtube video of what I think is the same leak on a Cruze. You pretty much have to take the whole turbo apart to get to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a '15 LTS AWD last September (2019). I have had my oil changed at tires rotated every 3 months. I have had the transmission and coolant flushed shortly after purchased. I haven't changed the gear lube in the transfer case or the rear differential. I saw a small amount of oil on my driveway today. Engine oil dipstick show almost full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts