Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed a deal on 2015 LT AWD, to pick up next week. We love the size and all the features, wanted to find something Mom, Dad, and 2 college age daughters would be comfortable driving.

Dealer is offering 2 options before delivery:

Major Guard Premier Protection by Ally
Rust Proofing - Centurian locally applied

Looking for opinions on both (not necessarily the brand names)
Vehicle has 29,600 miles, so there is some Chevy warranty still in effect (not much on powertrain)

The thought on warranty is to cover potential tech issues or other expensive repairs.
But rustproofing on pre owned vehicle?

We are in Central NY, prone to lake effect snow, and all that comes with that.
Thanks for any feedback. One of my daughters is in a 2009 Cobalt LT with 94K miles, and loving it - got it 4 years ago at 68K.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
I put both my daughters through university with Cobalts, oldest with a 2007 and my youngest with a 2010. Both were salvage and both were great cars for kids. When my oldest needed to go 600 miles for university my daughters swapped Cobalts thinking the newer one would be more reliable. May or may not not been a good decision since neither failed in those 2 years. As for the Trax rust protection from the dealer I'm not for it because I think local shops do a better job and have their name on the line. I once brought my Oldsmobile Intrigue for it's annual rust re-application and never saw my car leave it's spot in the parking lot when the guy came back and said it was all done. So I really don't trust any dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rust proofing used 2015 Trax?

Thanks for the input Traxy - the rustproofing would be done by a local shop in the area, not the dealer. I know where that shop is, but will be asking for more info on the product, warranty, etc. before we finalize the numbers, so it will be done before delivery.

The last vehicle I had rustproofed was a 1977 Ford F-150 I purchased new, Ziebarted before delivery. I was impressed at how thorough the was - holes with yellow plugs under hood, bottom of doors, door pillars, etc., where wands sprayed the black material inside voids.

40 years later, I’m not familiar with the products and application methods, but inclined to have it done.

I just joined this forum (we don’t have the vehicle yet!), but appreciate having the source for feedback, etc.

I have used CobaltForum as a source also, and I bet you are like “Coby” on that forum- ready to share and steer newbies

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
Thanks for the input Traxy
I just joined this forum (we don’t have the vehicle yet!), but appreciate having the source for feedback, etc.

I have used CobaltForum as a source also, and I bet you are like “Coby” on that forum- ready to share and steer newbies

Thanks
Yup I'm Coby7 on that forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traxy = Coby 7 go figure!

Well thanks on both counts!

I think somehow I am limited on that forum now, can I join again as a new name, and interact, post like before?

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
You could ask for a new password.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts