Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I would highly doubt it.

They rely on an in tank strainer, which is kind of dumb because those strainers have been in cars for decades with filters in line before the injectors.

Direct injection cars have 2 fuel pumps, one in the fuel tank that operates at 35 lbs pressure this one pumps fuel up to just before the injectors, then one at the engine that boosts the fuel pressure up near 2K.

I think they eliminated the filter, because by the time the fuel system needs service it will be out of warranty,(its on your dime now) then instead of changing a $10 filter you would need $400 worth of injectors.

Those injectors of course could be had at your smiling Chevy dealer parts department.

Time marches on vehicles are getting closer to throw away units, which helps sell more of them keeping the people at the top, at the top.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this morning i take a look undercarriage and i found this, is this the fuel filter or inline fuel filter or??? (whatever you call it)

https://imageshack.us/i/pnM6gkcij[/IMG]

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did some online searching and no one lists a replacement fuel filter for the Trax. I am guessing that means that it really does not have one. With all of the clogged filters I have replaced over the years I think that not having one is pretty dumb. I think come spring my Trax will get a fuel filter installed. It sure can't hurt none other than if it gets clogged it might take out the fuel pump. Unless of course someone can convince me that these injectors are really clog PROOF. Yea right, if it has a hole it can get plugged.

·
Registered
772 Posts
OK I guess we can not post images from other websites........

copy this link to your address bar and you will get there.
https://imageshack.us/i/pnM6gkcij
You can do anything with that link, it takes me to a google web page, then back to this page.

·
Registered
210 Posts
OK I'll try this.
I downloaded the pic using the link, copied it to my puter then attached it to this post.
See if this works..................

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts