Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you like to see being done in a mid production-cycle facelift on the Trax? Take a look at other GM models and concepts to get some idea's flowing.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think that it would be cool to see some headlights that are more like this Chevy Roadster concept. I just think that the front of the Trax is a bit cumbersome. I'd like to see some less bloated and more edgy design features there.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think its the roundness of the front end that people like least about the Trax. They should tackle that as far as aesthetics go with their facelift. What can they take from the Cruze though. Seems to me that the Trax already looks very similar to it now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If they wanted to amp up the looks of the Trax just a little then they could try putting in different headlights. Ultimately that may be too pricey of a feature to put in for a vehicle like the Trax though. Here's hoping though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they wanted to amp up the looks of the Trax just a little then they could try putting in different headlights. Ultimately that may be too pricey of a feature to put in for a vehicle like the Trax though. Here's hoping though.
they could do that but if they do it wont happen for some time, i rather have them focus their efforts elsewhere though

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the vehicles overall design, at this point it looks dated when compared to a lot of other vehicles. i'd like to see some significant improvements with a mid cycle refresh or even re-engineering going beyond design.

·
Registered
263 Posts
its a fair point, the design debuted in 2012 and even then one could argue it was already on the cusp of being passe...

Then again, you're not shopping for cutting edge style which will be obsolete in 3 years. You want function and value... (at least I do)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think that the styling isn't revolutionary or cutting edge but at the same time it doesn't look totally dated. It is due for a bit or a redesign soon. I think that we should be looking to recent CHevrolet concepts to see where the styling might go for the Trax. For example, the latest concept to be shown was just today at CES. Chevy showed off a Volt concept.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm rapidly losing faith in their ability to design.

Looks like they tried to copy the 9th generation civic coupe front end here... NOT a good look. Replace bowtie with a honda emblem and it can easily pass for a Honda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts