Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, recently got a pre-owned 2019 Trax, came without cruise control. Bought the steering wheel control unit, and got the steering airbag unit out, only to find that it doesn't have the wiring harness for it. Can anyone either direct me to a video that walks through the complete install process for all the parts, or at least give me a list of all the parts needed (PN's appreciated), so I can have someone install them. I'd need wiring, throttle control, etc. It's the '19 Trax AWD.
Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would say you need a new clock spring. Thats all the wiring for the steering wheel that has the wiring for all the steering wheel accessories.. It allows the steering wheel to turn and keep every thing connected. They are not cheap. You will need to take the dash apart to install it. Its not that easy. Ask me how I know. Put one in a Silverado truck to get the steering wheel redundant controls. You will need GM to program it if they will as you are adding an RPO code that the vehicle didn't come with. Sorry I cant help more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the Rostra aftermarket cruise control on mine. Simple install and works as good as factory. Only down fall is the extra handle on the steering column but you get use to it. The do also sell a flush mount button that you can install on your dash if you wanted to. Got it on Amazon for $269 plus tax

·
Registered
233 Posts
0Back when I had my 2015 I had to add cruise. you can buy the wire harness for inside the steering wheel so that the cruise switches will plug right in. It replaces all of the wiring inside the steering wheel. That is the easy part. That new harness has 2 more pins filled and you will need to add those 2 wires to the back of the mating connector and run them down the steering colum to you cruise control unit. Now comes the fun part, the factory cruise switch just has 2 wires for control, and a third wire for the lighting of the switch. inside of the factory switch it switches different resistors across the 2 wires, thin means that your cruise unit must have an option to decode this. There are a few that are able to do this. MOST cruise units have one wire for eack button plus a ground and a light wire. Back in 2015 and 16 there were a few posts on a system that worked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts