Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 45 dollar head unit from Wal-Mart.com and it works great. I know........hear me out. Small built in amp but LOUD. Mirrorlink from Android 4 to Android 8 capable. Don't even need the white harness just the brown. Didn't even need the brown but to color code. The 2017 trax speaker harness is the brown. No wiring diagrams online for it yet. Helm (people who designed the factory setup back in 2012!) Charges 300 to 400 for a diagram so I removed door panels so I could see speaker wire colors. Clipped the brown harness , started making connections. Don't cut white harness at all and you retain door chime. The only thing I lost factory was steering wheel controls and that's because I was scared remove them because they seem easy to break, i dont use them, don't care, and the radio from Wal-Mart had a steering wheel remote with it. Also had regular wireless remote as well. The steering wheel remote is wireless as well. Takes batteries. I don't even buy a wire harness. I just cut the factory brown harness a nd hard wired straight. Also came with backup camera and a free set of Chinese instructions I'll never need.if it helps......blue/bluebrown back pass door speaker. White/whiteblack other back door speaker.green/greenblack driver door speaker. Yellow/yellow black front pass door speaker. Red with stripe was accessory in my car. For batt+ wire(thicker yellow) I went straight to fuse block. The black ground wire wraps around a bare metal bolt under dash. The radio brand is called Hollalure from joybuy express on Wal-Mart.com. I really hope this helps. Oh and the 1 and only leftover wire, I forgot the color, was amp power wire and the process of elimination obviously helped figure that out.thanks for reading

1 - 1 of 1 Posts