Shift Lock Manual Release
The automatic transmission has an
electric park lock. The ignition must
be on, and the brake pedal must be
pressed so the shift lever can be
moved from the P (Park) position.
If the battery has lost power, the
shift lever cannot be moved from
P (Park) unless the shift lock manual
release is disengaged manually.
To access the shift lock manual
1. Turn the ignition OFF.
2. Hold the brake pedal down.
Apply the parking brake.
3. Remove the cover on the
4. Insert and push the key into
5. Move the shift lever out of
P (Park). If P (Park) is selected
again after the key is removed
from the slot, the shift lever will
be locked again.
6. Remove the key from the slot.
7. Close the cover.
8. Have the cause of the problem
fixed by your dealer.