Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife purchaced a new 2017 Trax LT on Black Friday, Initially happy with vehicle but at 2940 ish miles it started to act up.
Went to back out of Garage and The DIC display had a few messages.
Back up camera inoperative ( it was working)
Service required, Traction control, powertrain.
Traction control lightwas on.
Tach would drop to 0 and bounce back up to around 1000 just bounced up and down.
It backed up fine but struggled to get back into garage, very slight incline.
Brought into dealer next day.
P0299
P150C
P2544
P0700
U0073
U0100
B2AAA
A couple of days later we were told they needed to order parts but they are on backorder and they were not sure when they would be in.
PN 25198126 Heater
PN 42582747 Cooler
They were nice enough to give my wife a well used 2004 impala to drive but after a few of days they wanted it back. My wife was able to to talk the saleman into letting her test drive a new Equinox but that didn't last. After ten days they said come and get your Trax they have no idea when parts would be in. They cleared the codes and it has been ok, but we wonder all the time if any damage could happen to the engine driving it unrepaired.
Well it has been one month to the day almost, 4600 miles and it's doing it again, Service told my wife they could clear the codes but it is all they could do. So I stopped in to talk to service manager and the best he could do is make an appointment for next week so they can look at it again. He also said it is a nation wide issue.
Checked for codes again and have P0236 and P1101.
So we are stuck driving a vehicle that at times will not top 20mph, driving 35 miles one way to work and back and travelling with the Grand children in sub zero temps waiting for this thing to expire.
Wife has had enough, she wants out of this vehicle, everytime we make a payment the car has issues, we do not trust it anymore and are afraid something bad is going to happen to it or worse one of our family members.
How do we get rid of it ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
You need to research your state's lemon law and go from there. Google your state and lemon law and I'm sure you will find stories and attorneys who can look into your issues.

·
Registered
206 Posts
In Minisota a car that can leave you stranded is a potential life threatening issue. I would call customer service and get them involved, at a minimum you should have a loaner till the issue is fixed. You can also try to insist that you did not buy a new car to drive a beater and expect a loaner in good shape.

Some info
P0299 - Turbo under boost
P150c - ?
P2544 - PCM signal malfunction
P0700 - Trans-axle control malfunction
U0073 - Control module communication Buss A off
U0100 - Lost communication between BCM / PCM
B2AAA - ?

P0236 - Turbo charger boos sensor circuit error
P1101 - Mass airflow sensor out of self test range.

I could not find any info on the Heater and cooler other than the price of $815.79 and $219.30.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
There's a standing memo on this, the problem is manufacturing and getting the parts to the dealers. They need to install a heater in the cooler box.. I know sounds like an oxymoron. In the summer time the cooler cools the pressurized hot air from the turbo, engineers never thought to heat the air once at -25°.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2017 Trax LT and I have to say I'm not very happy with this car. when I got mine it had 29000 miles on it. I then start to have issues the PO299 problem got the kit put in, and still get the check engine code of PO299. the car was in the dealership 4 times just last week and the issue still isn't fixed.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Well that's sad. Bad dealer install?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Have the battery checked out when a battery starts going bad in one of the newer cars it causes all types of silly codes to show up when there is no problem at all.

The battery may start the car but it does not have the reserve power it needs to power all of the systems.

Take your car to an independent garage that has the proper battery testing equipment, the battery needs to be LOAD tested any battery will test OK until its load tested.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Thought you moved on to the Bolt forum""""".....!!!!!?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Parts have arrived at the Dealer, they will install on Friday. Hopefully that will take care of problems.
I have also been in contact with GM customer service, they are aware of the problems we have had and have been in contact with the dealer, I will be getting a follow up call from them after my service appointment.
As far as load testing the battery I will have them do it while it is in for service. I doubt it will test bad as it started the car fine after sitting outside for three nights and two days where the lows were -33 degrees F and the highs did not rise over -18 F. A battery at that temp has a lot less capacity than one at room temp of 70 degrees.
I read there has been problems in the older Trax and the fix was to install the same parts that I am getting installed. I guess the problem shows up where the temps were -18C or 0 degrees F. We get plenty of days where the day time temp never gets above 0 F. Seems to me they should have a cold climate package that these parts are standard in parts of North America.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts