Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019C Trax, I went to remote start, lights flash, etc, but car never started, now i cant open the door , all buttons on FOB..wont work, I even tried my extra FOB, nothing...HELP..ANY IDEA WHAT WENT WRONG??

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Car battery might be dead. Can you open the door with the key so you can pop the hood?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no door wont open at all, FOB wont unlock it, nor does that Key.....havent started it in 2 wks because i was in the hosp. so u think the battery could die during this short time? when im able guess i willl have it towed to dealer, only 1000 miles on it,

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Well the key should open the driver's door. Is it this key?

Then pop the hood and recharge the battery, and yes if you have a weak battery it could die in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

View attachment 3622

Then pop the hood and recharge the battery, and yes if you have a weak battery it could die in 2 weeks.

View attachment 3622

yeah i tried that, wouldnt open, will try tomorrow as its getting cold in garage now, thanks for all your help, wouldnt think it would go bad during that short time, just frustrating

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Did you try keys from both FOBs? In case one is slightly miscut

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you try keys from both FOBs? In case one is slightly miscut
i
OK got the door open!!! i took the FOB and held it close to the handle and pulled, door open of course battery dead, but open the hood, my nephew will bring charger, willl leave on overnite.......ok how often should i start the car? unable to drive it now....i was going to try the extra key but this worked tg

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Well if your battery is weak you may have to start it at least once a week or get a new battery. When I know I'm going to be away from mine I put a battery tender on it. This way battery is always topped up. I like this one because it comes with a quick disconnect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well if your battery is weak you may have to start it at least once a week or get a new battery. When I know I'm going to be away from mine I put a battery tender on it. This way battery is always topped up. I like this one because it comes with a quick disconnect.

car is only 1 yr old...how could the battery go so fast? and how would he get weak? what does the battery tender do? keep it charged?

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
I'm afraid batteries these days are very poor quality but it should be under warranty. The cause is probably not using your vehicle enough and letting the battery get depleted. These aren't deep cycle batteries.

And yes the battery tender keeps a trickle charge going to your battery so it is always topped up when you need it. I have one on my Encore, lawn tractor in the winter snowblower in the summer and at all times on my generator and I keep a spare.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm afraid batteries these days are very poor quality but it should be under warranty. The cause is probably not using your vehicle enough and letting the battery get depleted. These aren't deep cycle batteries.

And yes the battery tender keeps a trickle charge going to your battery so it is always topped up when you need it. I have one on my Encore, lawn tractor in the winter snowblower in the summer and at all times on my generator.
ok, thanks for the information, and tip about the tender. im just glad i got the door open and the hood...willl charge it overnite...

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Good luck?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK sorry, car was charging, also the charger can jump it also,got in foot onn brake press start and it says to use self starter? i tried the fob but wouldnt start, leaving it on charger for a few hrs.....why did it say to use self starter when i was in the car>?...the hood was open bc the charger cables still attached but charger not on...does that make a dffer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would you consider having someone test the electrical system for some type of excessive draw?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts