Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just joined this forum. I intend to install aftermarket fog lights on my 2013 Trax LT. It looks like the manufacturing wiring is already installed leading from the lights. Does anyone know if I will need any other wiring? The switch will have to be replaced which shouldn’t be a problem if the wiring is pre installed. Any replies would be appreciated. John M.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Only problem you are going to face is getting somebody to enable the Fog light switch in the BCM. I went through this with my 2016. Mine didn't come with the fog light harness. So purchased the switch, harness and fog light kit and installed these on my Trax. Tried every dealer in town and they all gave me the run around saying they couldn't enable the switch. I eventually gave up and did a work around. Now my driving (FOG) lights come "ON" with ignition on and the park lights if the high beam aren't "ON".

I suggest you clear coat the chrome on the bezels if you don't want them to pit from road grime and salt.
I will be replacing my bezels soon because of this and you can be sure I will spray clear them first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem you are going to face is getting somebody to enable the Fog light switch in the BCM. I went through this with my 2016. Mine didn't come with the fog light harness. So purchased the switch, harness and fog light kit and installed these on my Trax. Tried every dealer in town and they all gave me the run around saying they couldn't enable the switch. I eventually gave up and did a work around. Now my driving (FOG) lights come "ON" with ignition on and the park lights if the high beam aren't "ON".
View attachment 3650

I suggest you clear coat the chrome on the bezels if you don't want them to pit from road grime and salt.
I will be replacing my bezels soon because of this and you can be sure I will spray clear them first.
Thanks for your reply. I’ll probably go the same route. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 3650

Thanks for your reply, I’ll take your suggestions to heart. Maybe install an after market switch too.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
I have no switch, they come on at night when the ambient light sensor switches lights on. No use having them on during the day when you already have DRL. But if I want them on during the day I just turn the park lights "ON"

Reactions: Prince Fan

·
Registered
125 Posts
View attachment 3650

Where did you get this module? Did it come with the wiring harness? I am interested in having a similar set up: fog lights come on automatically with headlights and ambient light sensor, fog lights off with daytime running lights active

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Ali-Express 12V dual relay module

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have no switch, they come on at night when the ambient light sensor switches lights on. No use having them on during the day when you already have DRL. But if I want them on during the day I just turn the park lights "ON"
I looked up the OE bulb info from GM and found this:
ACDelco 13500802 45 watts, 12 volts, 3.5 Amps Base type PY20d PY20d = H10 9145 = 45 watts. I have found OE wiring harness for '15 on ebay. yet most of the bulbs I find are 35 watts. Lower wattage leads me to think I might need a different harness (although I may be wrong). what bulbs and harnesses did you get? Thanks for everything you do on this site

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
I got LEDs, they draw less current.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts