Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2019 trying to fold down rear seat (had a escape so i know sorta how) i removed the head rest and everything folded but NOT flat...i only did one seat..its at an angle....watching youtube shows you dont need to remove headrest but hard to see if its flat...........anyone..??? does one seat down lay flat or angle?...also how do i know if there is a response? do i get a email notice?

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
You have to subscribe to thread to get an email.

If your 19 is like my 16 just...

Flip seat bottom forward by pulling strap in front:

Bring headrest all the way down:

And fold down seat flat:

If you're tall and need more legroom for front seat you can remove seat bottom altogether by undoing the two 12mm nuts holding seat to floor. Provided you have a wrench or socket handy. This takes all of 2 minutes.

Reactions: Nancy Shnzermom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok first of all i removed the head rest bc that how i had to do it in the Escape (doesnt really matter i see here) the picture to me doesnt show the seat laying flat, completely (pic 3...looks a little on a angle...right?..it doesnt look even with the other seat......ok ck out the pictures and you can see the gap between the seat that is down and the other which is not

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
It lays flat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Traxy like always is the man on the forum. Thanks for all your hard work! Once you put a little weight on the seats they will lay flat. As Traxy said I have a wheel chair in mine all the time so I have the seats folded down alot. I ended up removing the bolts from the seat bottom and just "click" them back into place when I need the seats. No problem in over 7000 miles doing it that way. I wish Chevy would just raise the back floor more like on the kia soul to fold flat without having to remove the seat bottoms. It is the only thing I hate about my red line.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
I ended up removing the bolts from the seat bottom and just "click" them back into place when I need the seats. No problem in over 7000 miles doing it that way.
Ever think of using M10 wing nuts instead of actual nuts to make removal easier?

Reactions: DinoTrax

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well thanks, just doesnt look right, when i see pictures of both seats forward, down, they are not completely flat, at a slight angle

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
How flat do you need it to be?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt put both down, just the one and i thought the one down would be level with the other one, you can see the picture below the difference..maybe its the way its suppose to be...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Reactions: DinoTrax

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm going to do this tomorrow. thanks for the tutorial. I need a flat floor to haul a load of stuff I am going to fetch tomorrow. I am wondering if I can fold the drivers side seat down and still scrunch my 6' 5" 300lb self in the drivers position. Too bad the wide seat back isn't on the drivers side. I could get away with a 2/3rds flat cargo area. and still have an all-the-way-back drivers seat.

Hey, come to think of it the Trax is based on a European car. Mokka or some such. Was that right hand drive? Woulda worked out then.

MichaelJT

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 Trax has had the back seats lock down or FREEZE flat, 3 times...first time the repair was under warranty...second time was told "not under warranty because it is a seat belt issue"..third time..right after dealer/mechanic fixed it..then tried it, it froze flat. When I finally got to pick it up, they told me.."just don't fold the seats down"..the time between "issues" is only about 5 or 6 tries of laying the seats down..the reason I bought the car was because I could fold it flat...(not gonna mention the latch on the hatch will sometimes stick and the rear end won't close..and the clock keeps CRAZY time..I carry a $7 watch from Walmart to have the time..) grrrr...

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
I've never had any of these issues. Now that I've mentioned it watch tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far I havent had a problems folding it down, I do it mostly when I have my dog in the car..but thanks for the infor..

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
Seats lay flat enough for my needs, shocked the guy at Lowe's when we put a new stove, still in the box, right in the back without a problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts