Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just wondering if you could help me out on the axle nut size for the front wheel? I’m changing out the wheel bearing and to my surprise it is not 32mm as thought. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
I think 33mm, you didn't miss by much. Hope yours isn't as rusted as mine and that you have torches and a good press. Had to break mine it wouldn't come out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Traxy! Just need to get the knuckle off to take to the shop so they can press out old bearing and put in new one. What did you break?

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Had to break the bearing race, it was rusted in place. 15 tons on the press wouldn't break it loose. Had I known I would have bought a new knuckle, hub and bearing for $225. Save a lot of cursing that way. I hate rust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm may have to go that route too… we will see tomorrow when I get axle socket. Will post my progress hopefully it will go ok. Can’t afford $800 plus dollars at the stealorship. 🤞

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Stealership is for warranty repair and even then they manage to fuckit up.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
33mm might be for the FWD. AWD may be bigger.

GM parts giant says 40mm front and rear on AWD. So over 1.5 " closer to 1.6"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
33mm might be for the FWD. AWD may be bigger.

GM parts giant says 40mm front and rear on AWD. So over 1.5 " closer to 1.6"
OMG… just went into town to pick up the socket nobody has a 38mm let alone a 40mm. My Trax is an AWD so I guess I’ll order one on web. Thanks for the info. The story continues…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well received my 40mm socket from Amazon yesterday and…. to my surprise it is too fat to fit into the hub to get on the axel nut!!☹ So I put everything back together hoping it would somehow fix itself. Went into town and the bloody hmmmm is still there🤨 Does anyone know where I can source the proper axel nut socket for my 2013 Chevy Trax LT AWD 1.4 L engine. PLEASE😌

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Try Princess Auto or Canadian Tire, bring the one you have or a caliper gauge to make sure it fits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts